Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike came with saddlebags, which I've removed. They were kinda beat up and I don't like the look anyhow.

But it would be nice to have some kind of small storage available. Not doing the grocery run or anything. Just a place to put my cellphone, glasses, etc.

Currently I just wear a backpack and/or strap it to the pillion with bungees. But that's not an ideal solution, and I often find myself 'out' without it and wishing I had room for a little something.

Handlebar bags would be great, but I have a windshield which precludes any I've seen, and which I don't want to give up.

Anyone have a brilliant suggestion to get some modest storage on this beast, amidst all my admittedly-self-imposed constraints?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ever considered either a tank bag or bib? You could get a Tuxedo Tie with a storage pouch if you want to go minimal or a bag big enough for a change of clothes. Either can include see through pouches for a map or cell phone. There are several choices available to explore.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would suggest either a windshield bag or a swingarm bag if you can figure out how to mount it. I have a w/s bag on my OE w/s and love the handy storage it gives.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up getting a roll bag that just easily hooks behind the sissy bar.

Meanwhile, the dealer (who had damaged the original bags) has provided me a set of BRAND NEW Saddlemen Crus's Slant Large Saddlebags with face pockets... I still don't like the look of 'em, so not using 'em. They still have the tags on, in the box. Selling those on Ebay for $109 (retail is $179) if anyone's interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saddlemen-Express-Cruisn-Slant-Face-Pouch-Saddlebags-Lg-Fits-Harley-Honda-More-/151712229720

1 - 7 of 7 Posts