Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 950 (standard) this past June and I'm loving it! I've been riding with a back pack in the interim until I figure out what I want to do about storage. I like a "custom" look so I'm not too fond of saddlebags, but would consider them if they're easy to take on and off. I ride 'one up' 90% of the time and do day trips for the most part and not many (if any) overnighters. I've looked at and priced back rests with a rack for the back. I've seen other Stars that have taken off the back seat and installed a solo rack which really looks great. To my knowledge they haven't come out with one for the 950 as of yet and I'm curious if you can even mount a bag on a solo rack?? Anyone come across any cool sites with options or have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have vstar 1100 custom, but with passenger seat with back rest and luggage rack.
I have added saddle bag support, saddle bags , and a kuryakyn ultra tour bag for main storage i use the saddlebag bags some too but the ultra bag is most convenient , but not the custom look. I like the functionality having bags so i can carry tools/clothes / food on trips. I take some daily trips and having storage has really been helpful.

hope you find some luggage/storage you like.

enjoy and drive safely

1 - 3 of 3 Posts