Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok everyone, I just recently did the AIS removal for my 2002 V Star 1100 and used .45 shell casings as my plugs. I also replaced my spark plugs and adjusted my air/fuel mixture. I took the bike on several test drives during this whole process.

Recently, I started hearing this noise. It sounds like an air discharge coming from the front cylinder. When I hear this noise, the rpms plummet and the bike usually ends up stalling. Now, my first thought was that the spark plug was misfiring, but I'm starting to think that the .45 shell casing is the problem. I'm not 100% sure of anything right now. And I did check to make sure the exhaust pipes were on correctly, which they are.

I took out the front spark plug and replaced it. I turned on the bike and I could still hear the noise. So I took out the .45 shell casing and replaced it with another one and started the bike., same thing. So I still think it is the .45 plug, but I don't know how to fix it or what to do to make this noise go away. The only thing I can think of is that there is more than one kind of .45 shell casing. Is there a difference between a .45 auto casing and a .45 ACP casing? Should I use glue or something to fill any gaps that may be causing an exhaust leak?

Any and all ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, I found the problem. The vacuum hose to the rear cylinder somehow got loose...I just happened to see it when I went to look at the front spark plug again. Anyways, she is running now!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good for you. You did not panic and kept looking. You don´t know just how Little that happens.
Good riding and keep the rubber side down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts