Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys it appears that the small clips that hold the brake pad and pad support in place with the larger pin broke off allowing the pin to move sideways enough for the pad support and the outer brake pad to fall out . My question other than the dealership where do you guys get your parts like that. Also on the parts diagram I don't see the pad shims listed separately do those usually come with the new pads? Any tips advice or anything else is appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
bikebandit.com and a couple other websites have OEM parts, and they have drawings of the entire motorcycle, by category, that show you each part in an assembly (like the front brakes), what each part is named, and the part number and price if they sell it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My local dealer price matches, so if I find an OEM part online which is usually cheaper and show them the site and price they will match it. I'd start by checking with your dealer to see if they will match the price. Not 100% but I believe the last set of brake pads I bought came with shims.

·
Registered
551 Posts
bikebandit.com and a couple other websites have OEM parts, and they have drawings of the entire motorcycle, by category, that show you each part in an assembly (like the front brakes), what each part is named, and the part number and price if they sell it.
What he ^ said.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay just to update parts on initial road test successful going out for a slightly longer ride very soon. So for now atleast all is well . Thanks for all the tips and help from everyone

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
surprised no one answered your question about the shims. Seems like most people are out riding this time of year and not hanging out on the forum.

did you get shims or put it together without them? If it were me I would have tried it without them and forget about it later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decided to go without the shims (rattle clips) whatever you wanna call em lol. I've done it many times on older cars when the clips were just worn out. Just cleaned and lubed then reassembled all seems good so just gonna ride on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts