Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Strato-folk...

My new to me 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe does not have a door for the compartment in the rear center of the fairing that houses the audio i-Pod connection... thus far, an online search has netted nothing for the Yamaha OEM press-to-open cover... it has apparently been discontinued.

Would anyone have any info on where one of these compartment doors might be obtained?

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Hello Strato-folk...

My new to me 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe does not have a door for the compartment in the rear center of the fairing that houses the audio i-Pod connection... thus far, an online search has netted nothing for the Yamaha OEM press-to-open cover... it has apparently been discontinued.

Would anyone have any info on where one of these compartment doors might be obtained?
Look marine radio covers check size at least they are water proof I have one of those Yamaha stratoliner deluxe covers it leaks I was thinking of finding one myself I always had one on my boat. I hope that helps you.

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think that the odd-shaped opening will be waterproof with a generic marine cover? I will look around and see what is available. Thanks.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Do you think that the odd-shaped opening will be waterproof with a generic marine cover? I will look around and see what is available. Thanks.
No I would put a piece of foam rubber behind it trim it up so it won't be noticeable..another idea look up fallen cycles. Com I believe they only sell through e bay they disassemble motorcycles in good shape then part them out..I will nose around down here and see what I can find for ya.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
No I would put a piece of foam rubber behind it trim it up so it won't be noticeable..another idea look up fallen cycles. Com I believe they only sell through e bay they disassemble motorcycles in good shape then part them out..I will nose around down here and see what I can find for ya.
Here is a good place to start
Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

Font Terrestrial plant Art Monochrome photography Poster

· Registered
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, chum....I will check it out... just sitting in my cousins garage sipping a coffee and polishing our Royal Star Midnight Ventures... lol.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks, chum....I will check it out... just sitting in my cousins garage sipping a coffee and polishing our Royal Star Midnight Ventures... lol.
You should have seen me when when we had a direct hit from the hurricane here I turned up the blue tooth speakers in the garage and polishing and waxing my bike I even made a video doing it. It was a hurricane 🌀 not a tornado.
Cheers.

· Registered
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should have seen me when when we had a direct hit from the hurricane here I turned up the blue tooth speakers in the garage and polishing and waxing my bike I even made a video doing it. It was a hurricane 🌀 not a tornado.
Cheers.
Kinda like playing a violin as the Titanic sinks...

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Hello Strato-folk...

Hey!! Look what I found for you!!
Font Auto part Rectangle Logo Musical instrument accessory

Font Auto part Rectangle Logo Musical instrument accessory

Hello Strato-folk...

Look what I found for you!!

· Registered
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, that is one of the websites I checked... you got.me excited, I thought they had gotten stock on the item, and raced there to see... still out of stock. At any rate, "A for Effort!" I appreciate the attempt. I am still looking for.the part... might try some bike wreckers and see if they have it. Happy 2023, ride far, ride safe!

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Yeah, that is one of the websites I checked... you got.me excited, I thought they had gotten stock on the item, and raced there to see... still out of stock. At any rate, "A for Effort!" I appreciate the attempt. I am still looking for.the part... might try some bike wreckers and see if they have it. Happy 2023, ride far, ride safe!
I was excited about it to,,I checked availability..and dang it 😒 😤 oh enjoy your Strat

· Registered
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was excited about it to,,I checked availability..and dang it 😒 😤 oh enjoy your Strat
I sent an inquiry to a dozen wreckers to see if they might have the compartment door in stock from a wrecked bike... but apparently Strat owners are careful riders... no luck so far.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
I sent an inquiry to a dozen wreckers to see if they might have the compartment door in stock from a wrecked bike... but apparently Strat owners are careful riders... no luck so far.
You have to check with in a hundred miles..because that's as far as we make it.. before we run out of gas. 😆

· Registered
105 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have to check with in a hundred miles..because that's as far as we make it.. before we run out of gas. 😆
Jeebus... dig the knife in! I sold my Midnight Venture last night and I am torn like you would not believe... but I gotta scratch that Strat itch... picking the bike up next Monday. The fuel capacity is the only thing that is giving me pause, so much that I bought two 1.5 litre Primus fuel bottles and a black 5 litre flat Jerry tank with a twist mount lock... which I hope to not use. I still have to research the distance between gas stations for our NFLD trip.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
640 Posts
Reaction score
Hello Strato-folk...

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Light Font Screenshot Material property Communication Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts