Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought my Strat and it has a custom paint job and the stock saddlebags are shot.
I'm not really looking to get hard bags that would need to be color matched to the paint as that would be expensive.
So I am looking for large leather bags that fit the Stratoliner.
I'm looking for large bags that fit with the look of the fender.
Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only saddlebags I know of that "fit with the look of the fender" are Corbin's Fleetliner Saddlebags. I've seen one Stratoliner with them - ever. They look GREAT and are HUGE! But, they don't come with a leather skin. And I believe they only provide Factory Colors so, hit on one item, but a big miss on the other. Link to Corbin Stratoliner Saddlebags: www.corbin.com. Oh, and they're bloody expensive ($2,200 single color).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only saddlebags I know of that "fit with the look of the fender" are Corbin's Fleetliner Saddlebags. I've seen one Stratoliner with them - ever. They look GREAT and are HUGE! But, they don't come with a leather skin. And I believe they only provide Factory Colors so, hit on one item, but a big miss on the other. Link to Corbin Stratoliner Saddlebags: www.corbin.com. Oh, and they're bloody expensive ($2,200 single color).
Thanks Jim. I was all in on those Corbin bags until I saw the price.They are huge and beautiful, but way more than I want to spend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And by Fitting The Look Of The Fender, I just meant something teardrop shaped, and not square and boxy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks Jim. I was all in on those Corbin bags until I saw the price.They are huge and beautiful, but way more than I want to spend.
I know! I would consider them myself despite the cost but, buried in the description, they also don't work if you have the "quick disconnect" Sissy Bar - which my 'S' has so, it's not even on the table for me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
And by Fitting The Look Of The Fender, I just meant something teardrop shaped, and not square and boxy.
Yeah, that's always the tough part. I did put Vikings on my 650. They're not tear shaped, just slanted at the front and back. But, they do hold more than they look like at first blush. They (Viking) make leather ones so, maybe give them a look?
Viking Stratoliner Bags

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I just bought my Strat and it has a custom paint job and the stock saddlebags are shot.
I'm not really looking to get hard bags that would need to be color matched to the paint as that would be expensive.
So I am looking for large leather bags that fit the Stratoliner.
I'm looking for large bags that fit with the look of the fender.
Anyone have any recommendations? View attachment 96197
Look for the factory deluxe hardbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts