Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just picked up a 2006 Stratoliner S - 35K miles. It is in great shape. I used this forum to gather info for the purchase, service, and maintenance - Thanks! I spent last weekend going through it front to back - now ready for another 35k. What a wonderful bike!

My other bike is a 1986 Yamaha FZX 700 FAZER which is an awesome little ride.

I worked for Polaris Ind. from 2003 to 2013 as an Engineering Development Tech, Technical writer, and Service Tech. The most fun I had there was designing, testing, developing, and getting the very first RZR 800, RANGER Diesel, RANGER 6x6 and RANGER Crew to production.

I also attended the 2005-2007 Sturgis, Biketoberfest, and Bikeweek as the Victory Motorcycle Factory Technician. I helped Victory customers at the demo sites, and at the local dealers (Rice Victory in Rapid City and Daytona beach Victory). Too bad Victory failed, good luck to Indian!

Thanks for all the info, these Yamaha bikes are pretty good. :grin:

RJ

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada RJ. That is one beautiful ride you have there. Sounds like you've had one of those jobs where you get to play with all the fun toys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! My favorite move is "Strange Brew", hence the great white north reference.

Yes, working in the powersports industry was fun...WAS. I enjoy powersports much more now that I have moved on.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi RJ, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Very nice bike and intro and with pics! Impressive! Sounds like you had one of those 'dream jobs' for sure. I was sad to see Victory discontinued as I thought they were good looking bikes. We're glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Glad the forum gave you helpful insight before purchase. I actually learned a few things on here before I bought my V Star 950. Traded in my 2007 FZ6. Now I have a lot more leg room!

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Great looking ride. Ride often and safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts