Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the whole cruiser thing. Been on Sport Bikes for a long time but have been looking at a lot of cruisers as of late. I have been comparing several models, the Stratoliner, Boulevard etc and came across a new on the dealer show floor 2007 Stratoliner with all the bells and whistles. They are telling me about 16K and 2K off for rebates. My question is what should I look to pay for this, yes it is new but it is 2 model years old. Has anything really changed for this model in the past 2 years? From what I can see it doesn't seem to have. Also I am somewhat interested in the 2010 Stratolined Deluxe so I may have to hold out for that unless I can get a great deal on this one. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
Dave

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
2007 Strat

Dave,
I don't think the Stratoliner S has changed at all. I have an 06 with 40,000 miles, I average ten to twelve k miles a year. I love the bike. Have had zero problems. Balance is good, weight is low. But can't compare with a sport bike. It is a different ride. The rhythm of the V Twin is part of the ride. Vibration is less than older v twins, but you are still aware of it. Top end noise is louder than smaller bikes and bikes with smaller cylinders like four or six cylinders. I like it, I feel like I belong there and the sound and feel gives a feel of power, even if it can't touch your sport bike. It does handle as good as any cruiser better than some. Same with the power. Different than your sport bike the torque comes on early and RPM run out about 5k. Most put on loud pipes, I like the gentle rumble of the stock pipes, but may give in yet.

Its not a cheap bike, but $2k off may not be as good of a deal as you could find on an 07. Search E Bay you will find some bikes much cheaper. Although it may not be fair to compare your dealer price with that. I would buy the Stratoliner but I would shop around. Set E Bay to list in order of distance closest first and you may find a dealer close. I see some for $12k not sure if these are real deals. You will loose $4k on any bike when you ride it off the lot so buy a Stratoliner but look around.

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LinerDave,

Thanks for the input. I will definitely be looking around quite a bit before I actually purchase. The dealer here will allow me to test ride the dealer demo bike they have which is basically the same bike minus bags and shield. I may give it a try here soon just to get a feel for the bike itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out ebay and cycletrader.com. The dealership in Ontario, CA had an 07 with 5,000 miles for 8,000 + fees. I've seen a couple of Roadliner or Stratoliners for sale in Oklahoma on ebay. Good Luck.

Keep us posted.

Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave,
Also check out Craigslist. There was a new 08 from a dealer (I think in Ohio) for 10K about a month ago. I have a friend who bought a new 09 in Jan for 15.(MD) They're nice bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dave, as a point of reference I just bought a 2008 Stratoliner S for $13,800 in the New York area. Great bike. Very comfortable to ride, lots of power – Whether riding alone or 2up and fully loaded, I see no difference in performance on the open road. Enjoy your search!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stratoliner S Cost

In the Roadliner Midnight forum Midnight Express wrote:

I picked up my 08 Roadliner Midnight on Friday night and put the first 90 miles on it today. I bought it from Honda East of Toledo Ohio and they gave it to me for $8499 before tax title and license fees.

:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got mine

:cool:Hello to all i bought mine in Jacksonville Fl. I live in Tampa But no one could touch the deal I got 2008 Roadliner S/ Made in to a Stratoliner Buy adding the bags,backrest,& I Would get my on windsheld. With the 5 Year Warry Tax Out the Door 11890.22 :D Color Seashell Love it First day on her 9 1/2 hours. I got loss and ended in GA. then back to Tampa. Best bike I have Ever owed & I have had 12 other bikes all HD but a few. Yamaha has the best bike out there for long Rides or short

·
Registered
26 Posts
DSS Fast Eddie got his

Fast Eddie,
Congratulations!! :) What a great first day. Stock seat? I just purchased an 06 Roadliner with 13k on it. Still buying the add-ons. Tried to go to the Toyota motorcycle show in San Mateo today but was out of town until about noon today and just didn't have any time left to go.

Enjoy. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
:cool: Yes my seat is the stock seat. I love the seat, I don't know why any one would change it. I have a Custom Bike & the seat had no Padding , Show not for Ridding! So I put out &550.00 For a Very Nice Custom Bulit Seat, Nice by I still can Only stan 1 - 1 1/2 on Her Fast Great Looking Show winner of 1st & 2nd But its just not a long Riding Bike. Now my New Yamaha I love it. Just So my 1998 HARLEY DAVIDSON ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GLIDE , & 2001 HARLEY DAVIDSON Springer. If you ride One of these you will be selling your H.D. :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Seat

For what it is worth, I changed to a Mustang seat. I was not dissatisfied with the stock riders seat. But the passenger seat was bad. To soft, too thin, and too narrow. That was the reason I changed seats. The wife could only ride about 50 miles without a rest.

New Liners have a one inch lower seat than my 06. I don't know but I suspect some rider padding has been eliminated. If so You might see some advantage with a big dollar seat.

Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
i bought my brand spakin new 2007 Strat at the end of march. saw it on Ebay and the dealer was 10 miles from my house, Larsons cycle in Cambridge Mn. cost me $10,899 - 11799 out the door. i thought i got a pretty good deal. a month later a ran into a guy just got the same bike. color and all. he paid $9799.00 there are deals to be had. i would definity check ebay and any local Yamaha dealers you have. Larsons told me they get these from the factory. they been sitting in a warehouse some where and the dealers bid on them like and auction. if they win they can ask for as many as they want at that winning price. I LOVE MY YAMAHAMMER!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i bought my brand spakin new 2007 Strat at the end of march. saw it on Ebay and the dealer was 10 miles from my house, Larsons cycle in Cambridge Mn. cost me $10,899 - 11799 out the door. i thought i got a pretty good deal. a month later a ran into a guy just got the same bike. color and all. he paid $9799.00 there are deals to be had. i would definity check ebay and any local Yamaha dealers you have. Larsons told me they get these from the factory. they been sitting in a warehouse some where and the dealers bid on them like and auction. if they win they can ask for as many as they want at that winning price. I LOVE MY YAMAHAMMER!!!
Just bought a new (still in the crate!) 2008 Midnight Strat TODAY for $9800. Couldn't pass it up!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also I am somewhat interested in the 2010 Stratolined Deluxe so I may have to hold out for that unless I can get a great deal on this one. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
Dave
(disregard if you already bought a bike, but...)

You can get a new roadliner off ebay (or at dealerships) for less than $10K out the door! (see my above post)

Get that, then buy the bags and fairing for about $3000 painted and installed with a radio, and just like that you have a new Strat Deluxe for over $4000 less than a 2010 model, and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(disregard if you already bought a bike, but...)

You can get a new roadliner off ebay (or at dealerships) for less than $10K out the door! (see my above post)

Get that, then buy the bags and fairing for about $3000 painted and installed with a radio, and just like that you have a new Strat Deluxe for over $4000 less than a 2010 model, and enjoy!

I am going to have to look into that for sure. I still have not bought another bike just been looking. It is way too cold out here in Oklahoma right now to even think about riding.

·
Registered
75 Posts
2006 Stratoliner S

Bought my 2006 Stratoliner S, used in November 2007 (bike was 9 months old). Came with the following configuration:

$12,000.00
2006 Stratoliner S
Mustang driver and passenger seats
Yamaha Passing lamps and mount
Passenger Floor Boards
Yamaha Speedstar Long Drag pipes
Power Commander
Yamaha Big Bar engine guard
Yamaha Saddlebag Trim rails
Yamaha Saddlebag guards
Yamaha Rear Luggage Rack

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bought my 2006 Stratoliner S, used in November 2007 (bike was 9 months old). Came with the following configuration:

$12,000.00
2006 Stratoliner S
Mustang driver and passenger seats
Yamaha Passing lamps and mount
Passenger Floor Boards
Yamaha Speedstar Long Drag pipes
Power Commander
Yamaha Big Bar engine guard
Yamaha Saddlebag Trim rails
Yamaha Saddlebag guards
Yamaha Rear Luggage Rack
Mustang driver and passenger seats -720.00
Yamaha Passing lamps and mount - 250.00
Passenger Floor Boards - 220.00
Yamaha Speedstar Long Drag pipes - 570.00
Power Commander - 375.00
Yamaha Big Bar engine guard- 250.00

Yamaha Saddlebag Trim rails - along with
Yamaha Saddlebag guards - 250.00
Yamaha Rear Luggage Rack - 120.00

2755.00 total add-ons

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good Deal

Mustang driver and passenger seats -720.00
Yamaha Passing lamps and mount - 250.00
Passenger Floor Boards - 220.00
Yamaha Speedstar Long Drag pipes - 570.00
Power Commander - 375.00
Yamaha Big Bar engine guard- 250.00

Yamaha Saddlebag Trim rails - along with
Yamaha Saddlebag guards - 250.00
Yamaha Rear Luggage Rack - 120.00

2755.00 total add-ons
Yep, original owner paid almost $20,000 for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts