Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to improve my ride comfort. I have been on a Honda VTX with a Mustang seat and like the deep scoop it has. I have also heard great things about the Ultimate seat.

Which one do you prefer and why? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had all of them (Corbin, Mustang, Danny Grey, Ultimate, custom foam, etc.) and prefer the Mustang as you already know and mentioned you sit in them not on them. Also, in my opinion the Mustang driver looks better than the Ultimate because the Mustang is sleeker at the point where it butts up to the tank, the Ultimate has a big bump there which doesn't flow with the bike and to me looks too much like a couch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We had a VTX previously and the Mustang moved you forward an inch or two, the Ultimate did not.
Bad for me as I am 6'4". Glad that I sat on one before buying. (bought the Ultimate)
My guess is it does the same on the Stars.

We are still riding on the stock Stratoliner seat!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, I have a Mustang set one sale on eBay that ends later tonight. Set includes driver seat with folding and removable backrest and passenger seat. It is listed for $550 but I'll save on fees if sold through here so I'll take $520 and that includes shipping within continental U.S. There's about 5 hours left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts