Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I wanted to check in since I got back from the Rally. I am still trying to re-coup from the trip. I havent even unpacked the bikes yet so I have not downloaded the go-pro camera (mounted on bike) that has over 500 photos on it or my still camera that I used in Virgina City. So I attached a few phone camera pics I got.

We had an 1 1/2 delay to get on the road since we had to fix my bike. I dont know if you remember but last week I blew a fuse. Well as I mounted Independance I realized again that she had no instruments. So there she was in the street ready to hit the road but torn apart. My boyfriend had to remove the gas tank and four fuses later he was able to track down the issue. When they did the recall work on the tranny they did not re-bind all the wire so one was dangling and laying on the exhaust and melted.

It was an 11 hour ride from San Diego to Reno. Once we hit Bishop and the temps dropped from the high 90's to the 80's it was even better. It was amazing with water everywhere throught the mountains since we had so much snow this year. I found tons of camping places I want to hit along the way.

The bike show sucked but there was amazing bikes to look at all over the event. There was a shooting which shut down a portion of the rally but did not impact anything we had planned. We road out to the northwest portion of Tahoe on Friday and then to Virgina City on Saturday for the parade of bikes.

The ride home was even better with cool tempratures the entire time. We only saw one accident which looked pretty bad and we hope the guy survived.

Product Review:

ED Seat - Awesome no butt fatigue at all. 11 hours each way and could have gone more.

Scala Rider communication - we turned them to the setting they were off but we just pushed the button and then talked and they lasted the entire 11 hour ride.

Throttle Paddle - best $12 I spent this saved me. After about 4 hours I had hand fatigue and would then stick the paddle on and save myself.

Go-Pro - I will let you know once I download the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Newb,

Glad you made it back ok. I heard about the Hell's Angel thing and it sounded like they were shutting things down all over Nevada. Good that wasn't the case.

My 650 finally sold, so now I can go play. Only thing is when I look at my bike, I like it the way it is....! Shouldn't be a problem cuz my Red Sox are doing a fine job of killing me anyway.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Opps I forgot the disclosure there is x-rated photos contained in this photo album.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, uhhhh..... Newbie. Where are the shots of how you got all those beads? :D

Nope I only earned a few sets myself without showing anything. Mine were on lock down since they belong to my boyfriend and his motto for the day was "It's good to be King!". Those were all the beads I was giving away (4 dozen by the end of the day)! You would be suprised on how women respond to another females voice. I ended up with quite a few guys behind me so they could get the fruit of my labor. LOL I was trying to be an equal so the guy with no shirt on I talked him to take it off. The guys would do more LOL but for some reason if the cops see something other then boobs they arrest you. :D

Sorry the pictures were so blury. I do not drink but I decided I wanted a bloody mary since they are so good and spicy from the Bucket of Blood. Seems my camera shows the drink was impacting me more then I thought at the time. I did almost knock out a LEO when I raised my camera. They were really cool and just wanted us to have a good time. They were doing a great job out there with a little bit of an elephant in the room from the shooting the night before. There were very few patches being worn at VC.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, very cool...my wife and I are so kicking our own a$$es for not do the 6 hour ride to enjoy for ourselfs, first year that I actualy have a scoot worthy of taking to a show and we didn't even go.

Maybe next year if they don't do something crazy due to the shooting this year.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was an awesome time sorry you missed it. It was so worth the 22 hours of riding to get there and home anyday (11 hour each way for us). Make sure you go to Youtube and check out the not blury video of the bikes in Virgina City. I dont know what the year will bring but the Mayor of Sparks stated that they will continue to have the festivities for years to come. They will just handle the secruity better. We saw no fights and just everyone wanting to have a good time. Now granted we did not do any of the Cat House Runs so I am not sure how those went. We attended the wet t-shirt contest at Sands both nights and even that didnt get out of control. I thought the Police in both downtown Reno and VC did an awesome job. I did like it better a few years ago when they had snipers and a comand post set up in VC which they did not have this year. There was a little time in VC that they closed the bikes down from doing the parade and I got nervous then. It was turning into a mob scene and that is when they were going to lose control but once they got the ambulance through and the bikes rolling again all went back to having fun.

I have my eye on Vegas this weekend to see if there is any retaliation going on since we are heading out to the final Road Show the American Heat ride this month. We have never done the American Heat Rally so we are not sure what to expect. We are doing the ride out to the Moving Wall so I am really looking forward to that more then the Rally itself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and I saw the coolest shotgun rack on the State Tropper motorcycle that I so want to put on my bike if I had hard bags. I am so mad I didnt take a picture of it darn Bloody Mary had me all goofed up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Heard the Vago who did the shooting got picked up yesterday, so hopefully there will be no retaliation, or at least not in public places.......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool pics newbie, thanks for posting them for us to enjoy. I've only got two towns on my bucket list, the first is Dodge City, Kan., the other is V.C., guess I watched too many westerns as a kid.
The article I saw on the Vago said he was hiding out on the U.C.S.F. campus, man, that could've turned out bad for some folks if the cops hadn't found him first. Hopefully they'll look at it as an isolated incident and keep an open mind towards the rally. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of idiots to screw things up for everybody else. I really like the looks of that seat too, possibly another thing to add to the goody list,,,,,,.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts