Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I picked up a Star 650 this winter that was taken apart and in a box or two. Currently working on getting it back together. I only have a few things left to do till it’s back together and rideable. One of my last things to figure out is turn signals for the front there wasn’t any included in the boxes of parts so I was going make something up. Upon searching I came across this pic with not a lot of info attached. Just wondering who else has done this for signals and how bring did you feel they were. I’m going to go to my local princess auto and a amber strip and see what it looks like aswell

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also fog lights on your crash bar?? Hmmm might have to do some copying here. I like your style.
I just fabricated the 3 light mount yesterday because it did not come with the bike parts. I have a rats nest of wiring to sort out after I get my led strips. I did not do that mess of wiring, I used to work in the car audio industry and can wire a heck of a lot better than that

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,101 Posts
Picked up a 13” amber strip light from princess auto (in Canada) for $16.99. Cut it into two 6” strips and soldered wires to the cut end and heat shrunk it. Now I have my left and right signals. Here is a short vid of what it looks like

https://youtu.be/XEYyoC9R2yo
Looks good. Nice job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts