Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas browsing forum, but couldn't find a category for Star's Stryker model. Got sub categories for others...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1300 V Star & Stryker

Another site combines the Raider and Liner. there was not enough traffic for the Raider site. Since the Stryker is in many ways like the V Star 1300 I would post there untill a Stryker forum is up.

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I own a Stryker, Hard to say vstar 1300 and stryker are alike, except the engine. Anyways, i assume i will be chatting under other catergories.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
can't wait till spring

LOL waiting for spring we just got 12" of snow last night. Bike to be delivered tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok:). I'm down in Atlanta, pretty nice weather here. No more freeze at least :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let us know what you think of your Stryker, I've been thinking about getting one for my wife. She has been riding a old Virago 750 as she got comfortable out the road by herself. We really like the look and stance of the Stryker for her.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let us know what you think of your Stryker, I've been thinking about getting one for my wife. She has been riding a old Virago 750 as she got comfortable out the road by herself. We really like the look and stance of the Stryker for her.
Definitely a great bike. Engine is pretty powerful, approximately 74 hp with 1300cc. Easy to maneuver.

Back seat is not comfortable after 20 mins as my wife states. Might want to change that. Since it is not a tourer, that's ok.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rode the Stryker a few few weeks ago. Loved it. Would be interested in seeing more comments from those who have bought it. I am currently on a Vstar 950T, so I am used to having BIG saddlebags and windshield. Stryker is a very nice ride. Handled great with my slow parking lot uturn test. The power compared to my 950 is an amazing upgrade if you are looking for some extra power. The bike really takes off, it feels like you have to really get on it, but then you dont-if that makes any sense. Although the seat height according to specs is about the same, I had to tip toe the Stryker-being only 5'2, so not sure what the difference is there.. I managed to push it back to part it but it took some effort..The Stryker seat is MUCH more comfortable. The exhaust is very quiet. I have cobra hp's on the 950 so had some trouble hearing anything.I have phat risers on the 950, and would need to also add that to Stryker for better reach. If I had waited a few more months to buy, I would have got the Stryker, but it was not out at the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts