1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Dirtbikes don't float in the ocean...

·
Super Moderator
4,515 Posts
The world’s longest motorcycle was built in Gujarat, India in 2015 by Bharat Sinh Parmar, sitting at 86 ft 3 in (26.29 m) long.

Prior to 2008, the leading age category for motorcycle fatalities was 29 years old and less, but 2008 saw a decrease in that category and lead change to the 50 years and older crowd.

·
Super Moderator
4,515 Posts
Sonny Barger, the famous founder of the Hell’s Angels biker gang, has gone on record in his autobiography.

He says that he actually prefers the build and ride quality of Japanese bikes over the Harleys that made him and his gang so famous!

·
Super Moderator
4,515 Posts
Motorcycle helmets were invented by the neurosurgeon who attended to Lawrence of Arabia after his fatal motorcycle crash. – Source

·
Super Moderator
4,515 Posts
The highest altitude reached by a land motor vehicle under its own power is 20,065ft by two Chinese Jinlong motorcycles on Mount Everest in May 2002.

·
Super Moderator
4,515 Posts
What other stupid, fun trivia have you found out because of your riding?
I know the trivia I posted was not found out because of my riding, but I like trivia and wanted to post a few interesting facts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i can park on sidewalks directly in front of stores without reprehension.
Not sure how official it is, but a few spots in our area that I do that at. Seen at least half a dozen sitting there when I leave some of the days.

For Trivia...here in VA it is apparently illegal to use earphones or ear buds while driving, however ear plugs are allowed because they don't transmit sound (music)

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you ride into the wind with your mouth open, and you put your tongue up on the roof of your mouth, it's impossible to pronounce a word that starts with the letter 'S'." — Deputy Barney Fife

1 - 13 of 13 Posts