Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2005 Silverado actually have a helmet lock? Page 3-12 of the owner's manual indicates there is one there but I don't see anything. Are the saddlebags in the way or was the lock omitted to make room for the saddlebags? I know I know, who uses that lock anyway? :eek:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you want to use it, do as I did... move it to front :)QUOTE]

That's the same place mine was when I purchased the bike. Now it shares space in a box with all the others parts and pieces that have been removed. :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I was just going to add a lot of folks remove them altogether so it might not be there any more (maybe Summer will let you dig in her box)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was just going to add a lot of folks remove them altogether so it might not be there any more (maybe Summer will let you dig in her box)
Two things...summer is a dude and no you can't dig in my box. :D

"Summer" is short for "summertime' which is a nickname from way back in high school.

eruby...as far as the lock, yes annie is correct you can have mine if you want it. I have no intention of ever putting it back on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eruby...as far as the lock, yes annie is correct you can have mine if you want it. I have no intention of ever putting it back on.
Nope. I was just curious because it says it has a lock. There is no way of using it with the bags on without moving it and I never used one anyway. I did want to look at it to see how it's constructed. Someone on the Suzuki Savage forum did a really cool gas cap key mod using their helmet lock. They used the top to make an appearance there is a key hole but in reality they attached the key to the bottom of the lock. They leave this in the tank and when they need to fill up, they just turn the lock and the key under open the cap. If they needed the additional security, they can remove this and the original key hole is there. I thought this not only looks really good but is also functional.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Oops, sorry Summer. Didn't mean to call you a chick dude. Not that there is anything wrong with being a chick, after all, I'm one :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Annie no problem. I have seen that error done before so I'm somewhat used to it. Not sure if I'm a chick magnet but my wife sure is attracted to me and that's all I need. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts