Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, wondering if anybody has some reccomendatons for 12 inch apes. Not trying to spend 200 on bars or re wire and re cable. Open to all suggestions. Thanks so much.

Dave

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The only suggestion I have if you want 12"ers is to go cheap....because you'll end up wanting taller ones.

Other than that...there are of choices. Check out SS Custom Cycle...great people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
well i went with 12 up and 10 back got the from sscustom $100.00. but i'm 5' 6". clutch cable is 6" over and throttle is 2" over i forget the brake and i relocated the choke cable. and dont use a push cable. stock is 7 up and 12 back and the bars are in a straight line with the tubes so i may lean forward a little but i think my back is straight.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Like Nick says....it can be close on the cables/hose.....watch out for the wider spread bars....you may need a cable or 2.

I was able to run 11"ers with all stock cables after a little re-routing. Depending on how you angle the bars will also make a difference in cable length. The more straight up the better for shorter cables.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Have fun! I'm sure you'll find like I did that they are super comfortable. So much so, I went to 16" and will never go back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts