Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning one and all -

I recently picked up a 1100 V Star Custom and want to switch out the exhaust for a fuller, richer sound. I've looked at the Vance & Hines slip-ons (which sound amazing) but because I want to heat wrap the header pipes (which on the stock 1100 pipes are pretty bulky) I'm not sure it'll be a good look.

Any suggestions for a great looking/sounding pipe with no bulky heat shields on the header for a great looking wrap as well? I was thinking the slip-on route (so I won't need to re-jet the carbs) but would be happy to do that for the right pipe.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bevo, I did that - the sound is definitely one thing but I'm also looking for a straight pipe (no bulging heat shields like those on the stock pipe) and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I love the look of the Cobra Dragsters - there's another post in the forum about pipes at the moment which references the police here in Montreal getting their noses out of joint about exhaust noise. Wonder how loud the Cobras are? One way to find out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts