Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a full-face helmet with a clear flip up sunshield and no visor. For daytime riding, I ride with my sunglasses on, too. Can anyone suggest what I might do about sun glare in the early-AM or late-PM when the sun is low in the sky? I think my neighbor has blacked out the top of his shield with tape on the inside, and then he rotates the shield up and down to block the sun when it is low in the sky. Seems like a very basic approach. Is there anything better?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’ve got a full-face helmet with a clear flip up sunshield and no visor. For daytime riding, I ride with my sunglasses on, too. Can anyone suggest what I might do about sun glare in the early-AM or late-PM when the sun is low in the sky? I think my neighbor has blacked out the top of his shield with tape on the inside, and then he rotates the shield up and down to block the sun when it is low in the sky. Seems like a very basic approach. Is there anything better?
Some manufacturers make a transition face shield. I have never tried one, but the concept always was interesting since I did not have to carry two face shields like I did for years.

Example: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/mc_tested/122_1004_solfx_face_shield/index.html

Or you can just do what I do and ride with you hands your your eyes :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes at the $99-$149 price. I thnk I'll try the tape. I'll hold off on the "hands-over-the-eyes" approach.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've seen them on Ebay with a dual visor, the inside visor being like sun glasses. Priced at $50 - 100.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take some making tape and make a line 1.5 inches on the inside, down from the top of edge of the visor. You now have two clear parts separated by tape. On the upper portion, again on the inside, apply some car window tint using the tape as your guide. Cut the film slightly wider than you need as you can trim it against the masked edge later. Once you've trimmed it to shape, you will have an eyebrow similar to what you see on a car windshield. You can make the job even simpler by using a protractor to draw a line on the outside of the visor which you can then use to line up your masking tape.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ I'll have to try this. It's been 30 years since I tinted my old Mustang car windows, but this should be pretty easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts