Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mention that I was having cataract surgery. The surgery was yesterday and didn't go all that good. Due to detached retina a few years ago it complicated the cataract surgery. Something about the membrane that holds the lens in had been compromised. Went for day after surgery appointment this morning and was put on 100% bed rest. Can sit in recliner some, but must limit all movements to a minimum. Doc actually has limited how much I walk, no driving. As I'm asking doctor how long till I can ride my wife throws a waded up piece of paper at me. The doctor laughed and just said we'll discuss later. Next appointment is Monday. Limited light computer work is OK, so I will be checking forum every so often, but not much. Doc said if I want any chance of eye usefulness in future I must do as told. All of this really sucks, I'm pissed off and depressed at same time. The odds of losing usefulness of my right eye is very high. Those of you want, a prayer would be comforting. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So Sorry to hear of your situation, Les. So I will offer many prayers to Heaven for you and your eyesight. Hang in there, My Friend...help is on the way.

Toymaker

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. It all has to do with keeping eye pressure and eye movement down during this healing time. Have patch over bad eye. Using 4 different drops at different times thru out day. He had to put ring in eye ball to hold in new lense. It's amazing what they can do now days. Wife is monitoring my screen time, she says that's all for now. 😇

·
Registered
287 Posts
SUCKS is an understatement! Really sorry to hear it, Les. Hope to God the healing process is successful and you have good use of the eye in the long term. Wishing you patience and good luck while you rest and heal up. Take good care of yourself and listen to your wife!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Prayers to you and your family from Ohio! I always marvel at the advancements in medicine that grow everyday! I always wonder how they come up with the advancements. My brother had diabetes since age 3. 30 some years later he was insulin dependent with failing kidneys on the verge of dialysis. He gets on a transplant list and low and behold in a span of 12 hours he gets a new pancreas and new kidney! God does provide!

Take care!

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wife gave me a few more minutes to get on line, she is actually timing me as per doc. She did research online to find out what they did. They put in a Capsular Tension Ring to hold the new lense in. It's similar to a c-clip in the automotive world. Anyway, I'm bored, very limited computer, no TV, no reading. Supposed to be as motionless as I can. It's killing me. This is day 1 of 5. So chilling and listening to music. I can only nap so much. Thanks for the support and probably wouldn't check forum till tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Hope everything goes well, my friend. I know it's rough, but do as the doc (and your wife) orders and get well soon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Anyway, I'm bored, very limited computer, no TV, no reading. Supposed to be as motionless as I can. It's killing me.
Les: audio books! A good war story. Elmore Leonard westerns. The library be full of them.

That's a good wife you have there! Follow orders, get well and let's go ride.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Les,

Just saw this thread, so sorry to hear about your eye surgery issues. Will be praying for your quick recovery. Follow all the orders, our eyes are too valuable. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update. Vision still really bad, not any better. Doing as doctor ordered. I'm getting on wife's nerves, heck, I'm even getting on my own nerves. There is no pain. Try laying and / or sitting keeping as still as possible and you feel good. Wife did more research and found that .07% of cataract surgery has this complication. But long term is 96% successful. Time will tell. Thanks for the well wishes. Bevo, thanks for putting a smile on my face, humour is good.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts