Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I very carefully stripped the tape back on the relay wires with a razor blade. This gave me better access to the wires so I could tell which wire is which. Also made it easier to put the Yamaha connectors on the wires. I covered up the connectors with some dialectric grease to help against corrosion.
The lockable storage unit on the right side was a real pain to get in and out. I also had a problem lining up some screwholes. Keep playing with it and you'll get it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I very carefully stripped the tape back on the relay wires with a razor blade. This gave me better access to the wires so I could tell which wire is which. Also made it easier to put the Yamaha connectors on the wires. I covered up the connectors with some dialectric grease to help against corrosion.
The lockable storage unit on the right side was a real pain to get in and out. I also had a problem lining up some screwholes. Keep playing with it and you'll get it.
Yup! Thank you! All together; no extra parts :D
There were four, I think, for which the silly nut tab springs out of alignment and tests one's patience...walk away; feed the cat; pour a cup o' joe....On my second pot of coffee now... Bzzzzz....but the results are worth the time and effort. For a shade-tree mechanic, like me, it was close to an all day job. I think my shop would have been at 3-4 hours, as they have never done one before; that's double what the instruction's author provides(1.5 - :surprise:LOL) . So the install would have at least equaled the part @ $125/hr ($245 incl.tax).

Actually, not quite "finished"; still have to find 28 feet and a level spot to aim the lights.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts