Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I bid on a 2008 Harley XL1200L with only 4 miles on it, and won it on eBay for a pretty good price. I'd been looking for bike number two so BF and I can ride together when he's in town (we're a long-distance couple), and he's always dreamed of riding a Harley so ...

I guess I'll be getting an up-close-and-personal opportunity to do the metric v. Harley comparison. Stay tuned ... :eek:

Here she is, sitting in Burlington NJ, waiting to be picked up Saturday.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That V Star is still going, the auction ends tomorrow. It's a great deal, and I seriously considered it. BF would be happy to ride it too, but he's been dreaming of riding a Harley for decades and I knew it was only a matter of time before we would be trading it in for the Sportster. So I decided to see if I could get the Sportster for a fair price before bidding on the 1100. Turns out I even got it for less than the max I was willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Congrats nice lookn sporty.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats, how much did u get it for?

Normally I don't like them in white but that one looks really good..

Yeah they are alot smaller but they are still alot of fun to ride, an 06 XL1200L was my first ride and what i learned on

Dont know how tall your BF is, but if he gets a little cramped forward controls for the Sportster are pretty cheap too, about 300 for a good set...I think the actual harley one is like 320

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! My BF is a shortie, we're actually almost the same size and can ride the same bikes with no trouble. We sat on one of these at a dealer a while ago and it felt good to both of us. We got it for $6100, which I think is pretty good for a basically new bike.

I still love Nellie though, sat on her in the garage tonight and told her she'd always be my first. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal on a 1200. A friend of mine has an XL12 and he really loves it. The only drawback for me would be the mid-mount pegs, too cramped for me. It's a good lookin' ride, congrats!!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Nice buy! As for "swinging both ways" eh! It's got two wheels so I don't have any negative comments about it. Yes this is Stratowart, not a poser, I swear! :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
......sat on her in the garage tonight and told her she'd always be my first. :)
Oh if I only had a nickel for every time I've had the exact same experience.......! :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, it's like the old saying, "you always remember your first!!"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's doing great, thanks for asking. We put 100 miles on her the weekend we got her home, and I took her in for an oil change yesterday, since the fluids were circa 2008. The 1200 is making my V Star 650 seem more like a pack mule every day, but that's not a bad thing. When I need groceries or to take Christmas presents to the post office, I need saddle bags, and the Sportster is useless for that type of thing. But man is she zippy when we're just tooling around! Honestly, it's nice to have both in the garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts