Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new to the site and new to V stars... Always have ridden a crotch rocket but bad back and injuries caused me to switch to a cruiser... Found a used 2012 Vstar 950 tourier in the blue that I love so I scooped her up and haven't looked back since... Should have made the switch a long time ago

·
2,385 Posts
Welcome john. I ride an 1100 but there are lots of 950 owners here who love their bikes. Post a pic when you can.

·
Registered
447 Posts
same deal here, except in red.

Got tired of being hunched over, or laying down on the tank all the time.
Lucky me I guess, no bad back or injuries (only mental).

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I always LOL when Im riding my Vstar and see a kid on a street legal racing bike, doing (what I call) "the pose"

right hand on throttle, sitting almost upright, left hand on left thigh fingers pointing in, elbow awkwardly pointing out....

as if they want to sit up straight and lean back....

but they cant

because they would not be able to reach the grips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always LOL when Im riding my Vstar and see a kid on a street legal racing bike, doing (what I call) "the pose"

right hand on throttle, sitting almost upright, left hand on left thigh fingers pointing in, elbow awkwardly pointing out....

as if they want to sit up straight and lean back....

but they cant

because they would not be able to reach the grips.
been there done that glad I'm not anymore

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
The funny part is everyone strikes the pose exactly the same.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,132 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I'm also an ex sport bike rider. Been on my V* 1100 for a while now and love it. Ride often and safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts