Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the mobile app and use it almost exclusively (still have to sign in via PC/Mac to vote, but that's another thread).

I generally use the mobile app via an ipad, but also use an iPhone on occasion. Unfortunately, when I switch devices the app doesn't seem to know which threads I've already read - so everything is marked as unread. Worse still, when I move back to the ipad after using the iPhone, everything is again marked as unread.

Would love to see this fixed.

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
373 Posts
I love the mobile app and use it almost exclusively (still have to sign in via PC/Mac to vote, but that's another thread).

I generally use the mobile app via an ipad, but also use an iPhone on occasion. Unfortunately, when I switch devices the app doesn't seem to know which threads I've already read - so everything is marked as unread. Worse still, when I move back to the ipad after using the iPhone, everything is again marked as unread.

Would love to see this fixed.

Thanks!

We have recently updated the app suite to fix some bugs we were experiencing. Please see if this may have cleared your issue regarding unread threads when switching between devices.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep - same issues, still not syncing across devices using the app.

In fact, even on the same device, the app seems to forget what threads I've read. On several occasions using the ipad app (love the new colors BTW) while reading in the "latest" category and only in the "unread" section, I've hit the button to mar all as read - it works. Then I move to the "participated" or "all" section and when I return to "unread" everything shows up as unread even though I just marked it all as read :(

Also, on occasion if I just drag down on the screen to refresh, everything I've just read (and was not showing in the unread section) pops up again.

To be clear, I like the app and appreciate all your efforts. I hope this helps narrow down some of the lingering development issues.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With more testing by me this week, I notice that if I do access the forum from my PC (which is pretty rare), and then use the mobile app, it appears to sync correctly so that the threads I read on the PC are appropriately marked as having been read when I use the app.

I also can confirm that the app remains buggy regarding threads already read. As noted occasionally before, if I refresh the "unread' portion of the 'latest' section, it reloads all threads even though I just read them or marked them as read. This now happens almost every time.

Again, thanks for the help, and nice job so far!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to let you all know there was an update for the app put out a few days ago. Test that out.
Grabbed it as soon as it was available - thanks.

My most recent post re refresh and unread threads was after the update. :(

Also just noticed that the private message counter doesn't show new messages until after you switch to that box. I rarely check the messages box b/c irately have messages, but when I looked yesterday it was full and after clicking the messages link it suddenly popped up that I had new messages (while I was reading them).

Always something for the Dev team I suppose :D

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick update.

If I read a post or mark it as read individually, then swipe down to refresh the screen, the post(s) I just read or marked as read return immediately.

However, if I use the upper right corner icon to "mark all as read" then swipe down to refresh, nothing returns (except posts that are actually new and unread).

Just another clue for the Dev team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts