Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Synchronize my tires?

4K views 81 replies 16 participants last post by  Jaguartech 
#1 ·
Ever since I had these new tires mounted, it has bugged me that the valve stems are not synchronized. The front one is at the top, and the rear is at the bottom (just as an example, I know they both turn) Took it back to the tire shop, because they should have done that as part of their service. The guy was snippy with me, but finally told me that this was something an owner was supposed to do for themselves. Does that sound right? He said to put it on my calendar to do each April 1st.

#5 ·
See, I'm not the only "loose nut" here.

#7 ·
Also when I had my bike in for service I asked about synchronizing the stems. They said they could only do that with metric air in the tires. So I ordered 85 lbs of it. I should have known something was fishy about this when the order was placed in pounds and not kilopascals...Anyway they told me my air was hung up in customs and the only way for me to expedite delivery was to pay an extra $100.00...

#8 ·
if you want to synchronize your tires you have to grind/sand down the bigger one so they are exactly the same diameter/circumference

if you do you will get about 20 HP more from your bike

#16 ·
^ CW from the passenger side... on a digital clock

Reactions: stratsurvivor
#18 ·
^ looking down at the toilet, or looking up from inside?

which way do you mount the tires if you live on the equator?!

#25 ·
I read somewhere, might have been on this site now come to think of it.
Stated something about mounting your tires during Equinox would increase bike and tire balancing. Since I started doing this I rarely use my side stand.
For years now when I change my oil I pre heat it. I have filled all LED lights and bulbs with naturally filtered argon gas and they are brighter and more responsive.
I learned a lot from all of you over the years.

#27 ·
I read somewhere, might have been on this site now come to think of it.
Stated something about mounting your tires during Equinox would increase bike and tire balancing. Since I started doing this I rarely use my side stand.
For years now when I change my oil I pre heat it. I have filled all LED lights and bulbs with naturally filtered argon gas and they are brighter and more responsive.
I learned a lot from all of you over the years.
I always pre-lube my oil as well. Flows better. Can't be too careful.

#33 ·
Next April 1st you may also want to get some reflective stabilizer for your mirrors. The salesman said it takes awhile for you to notice but once you do you will be back every year to take advantage of the offer....or did he say get taken advantage of....but either way I feel much safer with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.