Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw Long Haul Paul at the Chicago IMS show. He has been working with Yamaha USA and the guy who designed the GPS and there are upgrade coming!!!
They are listening

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
While it “sounds good”, some of us (me) have had our bike for 2 years and hounded Yamaha to the point that customer relations hung up on me.
I’m tired of the “checks in the mail” or “trust me I work for the government” or “I’ll respect you in the morning” statements we’ve been hearing all along.
Not to rain on your parade, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m alone in my sentiments.

·
Registered
127 Posts
While it “sounds good”, some of us (me) have had our bike for 2 years and hounded Yamaha to the point that customer relations hung up on me.
I’m tired of the “checks in the mail” or “trust me I work for the government” or “I’ll respect you in the morning” statements we’ve been hearing all along.
Not to rain on your parade, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m alone in my sentiments.

Why I said, no pictures never happened, but then I am a submariner.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The gps upgrade is really needed. I hope that if there is an upgrade that all the issue's we have complained about will be addressed. I also hope they fix the audio on the gps to match the levels of the radio. When i am playing sirius and have the gps talking, the volume of the gps is so low you can't hear it.
Other than that this is one fine machine.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The gps upgrade is really needed. I hope that if there is an upgrade that all the issue's we have complained about will be addressed. I also hope they fix the audio on the gps to match the levels of the radio. When i am playing sirius and have the gps talking, the volume of the gps is so low you can't hear it.
Other than that this is one fine machine.
You do know that the volume for the navigation voice prompts can be set separately right?
Each function has its OWN volume control AND the master volume.
Also, at what level do you have the noise compensation set?? There’s a HIGH, MED, LOW setting that raises the volumes to compensate for external engine/wind noise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Chief but I am aware of all those settings. I should have been a little more clear. When I have the gps volume all the way up I can barely hear it when going down the road. This is going thru the external speakers. I do not have the wired headsets.
On the other hand the radio volume will blow you away when turned up.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks Chief but I am aware of all those settings. I should have been a little more clear. When I have the gps volume all the way up I can barely hear it when going down the road. This is going thru the external speakers. I do not have the wired headsets.
On the other hand the radio volume will blow you away when turned up.
Hey, get the headsets and couple things will happen. 1. Your music will have INCREDIBLE surround between outside and inside speakers.
2. You won’t have an issue hearing the GPS prompts.
3. You’ll be able to take and make phone calls.
4. You’ll be able to access the really cool functions just by voice control!
5. CB use which is really good for traffic jams and finding what’s going on where.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, get the headsets and couple things will happen. 1. Your music will have INCREDIBLE surround between outside and inside speakers.
2. You won’t have an issue hearing the GPS prompts.
3. You’ll be able to take and make phone calls.
4. You’ll be able to access the really cool functions just by voice control!
5. CB use which is really good for traffic jams and finding what’s going on where.
I second that headset recommendation, and will add:

6. You can have a clear & understandable conversation with your passenger, even at highway speeds.
7. Dual-zone audio! No complaints over music selection since rider & passenger each listen to whatever they want.

-Tinker

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

6. You can have a clear & understandable conversation with your passenger, even at highway speeds.
7. Dual-zone audio! No complaints over music selection since rider & passenger each listen to whatever they want.

-Tinker
Amen brother! Why pay for a high tech bike with an amazing set of features and NOT use them? Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
449 Posts

-Tinker
I am thinking of retiring the corded set and going with Bluetooth setup that LHP mentioned in his 100k review. I like not being thethered and I don't have the worry of the headset plug cover scratching the tank or breaking again.
So far the best price found was $479.
I will carry the cord in case of battery issue with the Bluetooth device but if LPH didn't have an issue I am guessing I wouldn't unless I really zone out and forget to charge it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I am thinking of retiring the corded set and going with Bluetooth setup that LHP mentioned in his 100k review. I like not being thethered and I don't have the worry of the headset plug cover scratching the tank or breaking again.
So far the best price found was $479.
I will carry the cord in case of battery issue with the Bluetooth device but if LPH didn't have an issue I am guessing I wouldn't unless I really zone out and forget to charge it.
I hope it works well for you.
Good to see you make an appearance!
Hope the bike is running well and any issues you had have finally settled down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts