Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike now for about 2 1/2 weeks. The one thing I really want to add is a tachometer. For the most part, I can hear the engine and know when to shift, but when I've got my full face helmet with the shield down I'm having problems sensing what the engine is doing.

Is there a recommendation on a good tach? Of course it has to look good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had my bike now for about 2 1/2 weeks. The one thing I really want to add is a tachometer. For the most part, I can hear the engine and know when to shift, but when I've got my full face helmet with the shield down I'm having problems sensing what the engine is doing.

Is there a recommendation on a good tach? Of course it has to look good.

The first two on this link look good.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/list.cfm?model_ID=0&category_ID=65&sblid=Tachs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also miss having a tach, my previous bike was a 1985 Yamaha Maxim X which has a very nice set of gages. Does anyone know if they V star 950 has single fire ignition which requires a tach adapter? I suspect that it does but could not find any mention of it in the service manual.

Kevin

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also miss having a tach, my previous bike was a 1985 Yamaha Maxim X which has a very nice set of gages. Does anyone know if they V star 950 has single fire ignition which requires a tach adapter? I suspect that it does but could not find any mention of it in the service manual.

Kevin
Yes it is single fire ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts