Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of only getting 27 MPG commuting in my four door Civic Si and got a 2008 V-Star 250. Now that I'm commuting, I need to carry stuff to meetings and to class.

I've used my Dell backpack, but I would rather not wear a backpack to work. Has anyone used a tail bag with their 250? One that can hold a laptop reasonable well, as well as some books, papers, etc? (My weekend commute to school is twice as long as my daily commute to work.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have also looked around for saddle bags for my V Star 250, but I can't seem to find one that will fit, especially without requiring either drilling or, a relocation of the rear turn signals.

All last summer, I just used my backpack, and it makes for a comfortable backrest when my backpack is loaded with something that I can use to lean on the rear passenger seat with.

There doesn't seem to be very much of an aftermarket availability for any accessories for the V star 250.

There also is a huge shortage of this size bike up here in NH for some strange reason that I dont understand, I haven't seen any on the road up here either.

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts