Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my taillight went out. don't know when, but i'm guessing very recently as i only found out when someone pulled up next to me to let me know last night. here's what i know:

brake light still works. everything else still works. i 'fixed' my front turn signal yesterday by soldering one of the wires back together. turn signal now works for the most part, but somehow 5 LEDs got knocked out which makes the whole thing a lot less bright. i checked all my fuses and they all look good. now i'm kind of out of ideas. what should i check?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm thinking it has a two filament bulb. One is burned out the other isn't. Looking at the manual for my 1300 (which could be all together different) the taillight/brake light is a single bulb with a 5W and a 21W filament.

·
Registered
90 Posts
so my taillight went out. don't know when, but i'm guessing very recently as i only found out when someone pulled up next to me to let me know last night. here's what i know:

brake light still works. everything else still works. i 'fixed' my front turn signal yesterday by soldering one of the wires back together. turn signal now works for the most part, but somehow 5 LEDs got knocked out which makes the whole thing a lot less bright. i checked all my fuses and they all look good. now i'm kind of out of ideas. what should i check?
Its a 2 filament bulb same thing happens in cars all the time, go to the store and buy a new bulb for $2 if it still doesn't work then we will continue our discussion.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i could spend $2 on a new bulb, or $200 on this taillight assembly that i've been wanting for a couple years...

thanks for the replies.
Man! If you need help justifying something like that you gotta give us a clue instead of asking for us to help solve your problem. Some of us will go $2 without a little clue.

Something like...."I'm thinking the taillight has gone bad the bulb is ok but somebody stopped me to let me know only the brake light is working. I'm thinking I need a replacement light like this (insert photo or link here)".

Slayer "oh yeah! If the tail light is bad that's a good solution!"

·
Registered
90 Posts
i was hoping it was something i could fix. but as long as i have to buy something, might as well buy an upgrade.
$200 seems like a way easier solution anyway. Plus youre going to have to undo just as many screws to replace the bulb as the whole housing. Then you run the risk of accidentally crushing the bulb in your fingers. We dont want to run that risk.

·
Registered
570 Posts
i could spend $2 on a new bulb, or $200 on this taillight assembly that i've been wanting for a couple years...

thanks for the replies.
What if it's a defective sub assembly? What if bulb after bulb goes out...that 2 dollars quickly turns into 200 - plus all those trips to the store.

better go with the new assembly just to be sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts