Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for a tank bag? I am looking for one that won't cover the gas cap but still be able to hold more than my phone and wallet.

I have a 2007 650 Custom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Have used chase Harper, and Nelson rigg. My favorite is 4 liter Have to decide day trip or weekend, grab bag or extra suit case... I use mine like a glove box, throw stuff in it, but expanded, I can get a weekend in there. can carry in to a store if need be.. Good luck and Happy riding

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
371 Posts
^ thanks for naming those two manufacturers. I like the 4-5 liter styles they offer.

Can't use one much larger than that on the 1100 or 650 with tank mounted speedo and indicators.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have looked at many of the "motorcycle" tank bags. It seems as soon as you add the word motorcycle, the price goes up to an unreasonable number. I have decided to go the route of a small tactical daypack.

I ordered three different packs from Amazon. I think one of them will serve my purpose. All were under $25.00.

I will post pics of the one that works the best.

Thanks all who helped out

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
371 Posts
What?, there's a speedometer on a 650? 😉
On a 650 you'll want to know if you need to pull over and let 1100's pass. :)

I knew that would get a word as soon as I typed it, so I went back and added the "indicators" part. It would be nice to see the low oil lamp.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Glad to let our big brother 1100 lead the way😁. although I admit i do still need the neutral indicator for warming up... I rarely need the Speedo, just don't ride that hard anymore...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts