Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2013 950. It has a graphic running underneath a trim piece on the sides of the tank. Is the graphic complete under that trim piece?

I don't wanna remove the trim and find the paint scheme is incomplete. I don't seem them painting around it, but I'd rather ask a dumb ? and know for sure..lmao.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best way to remove it is with a hairdryer. If done right you will have very little tape to remove.

Thanks Willajabir. I know what I'l be doing after my lowering kit is installed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
some people use fishing line or filament
Just a word of advice from experience: Be sure to heat the badge sufficiently to really soften the glue before cutting through it with the fishing line. If it's not warm enough you may chip the paint. (Don't ask me how I know). A product called "Goo Gone" will work to get any remaining glue off without damaging the finish.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I appreciate the advise with reguards to using fisshing line; I will not use it because of possible scratches. Ask me how I know too..lmao

I figured if I'm willing to remove the trim piece I really don't care if the trim piece breaks. I'd rather break it than risk scratching the paint. Its a lot cheaper to repplace the trim piece if I change my mind than re paint the tank...lol. Besides I don't see me not liking the cleaner look that will result from removing it.

Thanks again for the advise guys. I do appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts