Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellow forum members, tell me what you think. Bought this 96' XV750 Virago for her, yet she doesn't want her own bike. She just wants to be a passenger on the 950t.
So I'm going to keep it, has just over 20k original miles, but needs a little tweaking.
Should I turn it into a bobber or cafe racer project? Parts are not hard to find, and it ran strong on the 30 mile ride home with a new battery and tires. I'll respect everyone's input, and I only paid half of its retail value.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
To me it looks great the way it is even without the re-cover. I like a straight line front to back on a cafe so I'd be out on that. Honestly, I love the vintage look of the Virago and I'm pretty happy with it the way it is.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
IMO...only one way to go with the small Virago...

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why I love this forum, I truly appreciate the input. I was looking at a cafe racer at bike night earlier this summer, and it was about the same size as the Virago. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
491 Posts
would love to see it as a cafe racer, but with such a great slope in the backbone of that frame, i don't see how it's possible
That's exactly what I was thinking, but didn't want to chime in in case there was a part of the process I was unaware of. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts