Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAWD I WANT IT NOW!

Anyways it was a decent change up in the parking lot but on the streets and highways it really just felt like it was made for me. I gave it a few low speed laps around the dealership after my main ride and low speed handling will not be a issue at all i think. A few things will have to change though, it will need risers,longer mirror pegs, and a kickstand boot so it is not so much of a pain to get it down and back up. The highway portion i went 110 and it was doing 3.5 RPM and sounded very nice and felt very comfortable.

In general the time to buy cannot come fast enough.
Also rode the harley VROD it was fast and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
GAWD I WANT IT NOW!

Anyways it was a decent change up in the parking lot but on the streets and highways it really just felt like it was made for me. I gave it a few low speed laps around the dealership after my main ride and low speed handling will not be a issue at all i think. A few things will have to change though, it will need risers,longer mirror pegs, and a kickstand boot so it is not so much of a pain to get it down and back up. The highway portion i went 110 and it was doing 3.5 RPM and sounded very nice and felt very comfortable.

In general the time to buy cannot come fast enough.
Also rode the harley VROD it was fast and uncomfortable.

Don't let your excitement blur your thought process. Shop around for prices. There are more than a few left over Strats still in crates with full warranties going cheap. A friend of mine, on my advice bought a 2010 leftover for $9100.

Here's an example... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-YAMAHA-STRATOLINER-1900-/180750091932?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2a158b869c

If you have to travel to pick it up, and it's in a region where the weather is favorable for riding this time of year, it's a good excuse for a road trip. Plus it'll be well on it's way to being broken in when you arrive home.

Concerning the V-Rod. I sold a V-Rod to purchase a Strat. It was the most uncomfortable motorcycle I have ever ridden.

The Strat now has 33,000 miles and I appreciate it more everyday. Good machine and cost effective for what you get.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Fat Strat look around. I did so and I ended up finding one hell of a deal on my Roadliner. However, I definitely understand your excitement. Pls let us know when you pick up whatever you decide to purchase and ride safe.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You done screwed up.
Took the wife up to the hospital in Denver and stopped by Coyote Yamaha to get a spedo viser for the 1100 and they talked me into a test ride and about a week later one was on the forum that I got for 8K with Mustang seat in Salem Or., flew out there and picked it up, rode it 1450 miles home in two days and have 45K on it now

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yea im not running out the door to get one, i would like ot but na. I am gonna enter the market around tax return time. The shopping list will include.
midnight edition
power commander
BAK air kit hopefully
risers
hard corbin bags
risers
mustang seat
<20000 miles

I have seen bikes with this shopping list quite a few times,even one of the members here has one but i can;'t buy it right now so unlucky me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Power commander--not needed
BAK --way more noise
Risers --see if you can find one with the tour bars
Corbin bags --yeah
Mustang seat -- I love mine
Pipes --waste of money, these bikes run best stock with K&N filter

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love the looks and sound of the speedstar pipes I put on after I bought mine. They might even lose a couple hp at lower rpms, but it definitely isn't noticeable... I kept my stock stuff, but am much happier with the speedstars. You don't have to remove the exhaust for some maintenance tasks, too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Power commander--not needed
BAK --way more noise
Risers --see if you can find one with the tour bars
Corbin bags --yeah
Mustang seat -- I love mine
Pipes --waste of money, these bikes run best stock with K&N filter
Glad to know. I just got mine and am plenty happy with the power and exhaust note. I personally don't want a loud exhaust anymore (my Gixxer is WAY loud). I've owned enough toys to know how it goes with being fine for a while and then wanting more. Of course that may happen, but I got my Strat more for comfort and overall rideability than to just start throwing money at it. However, I do think it could use a 6th gear ;-)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Another victim bitten by the liner bug.I know what your going through.I researched about 6 months between a liner and a rs.Then I saw an add that was way to good to be true.The wife I drove 160 miles to go look at the strat,took it for a road test then it was over. Went in signed papers and the rest is history.I have no regrets and the bike thrills me everytime I ride it.Had I known the bike market was going the way it did I could have waited another year and bought a low milage used one.But one never knows.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Glad to know. I just got mine and am plenty happy with the power and exhaust note. I personally don't want a loud exhaust anymore (my Gixxer is WAY loud). I've owned enough toys to know how it goes with being fine for a while and then wanting more. Of course that may happen, but I got my Strat more for comfort and overall rideability than to just start throwing money at it. However, I do think it could use a 6th gear ;-)
The stock muffler will get louder as the miles go by, wait till you have been cruising @ 70 for 20-30 miles and touch the shifter and find you have been in 4th all along.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Go to a motorcycle swap meet and pick up a Harley 65 or 61 tooth rear sprocket. I'd be surprised if you had to lay down more than $50. I have a 61 tooth on my Strat. 70 mph at 2250 RPM's. Chug, chug, chug.

The bolt pattern is exactly the same. The Harley holes are a tad smaller. Have to be drilled out. Easy peasy, lemon sqeezy. No sixth gear necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts