Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to get an idea of where all our Texas riders are and how many of us are on these forums. so shout back and let us know where in Texas you are. maybe if some of us are kind of close we can try to schedule some rides together. i am in Austin. howdy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Houston - East side/Lake Houston

If anybody is around the Houston area this coming weekend. On Saturday the 28th from Noon to 5pm a local bike shop has their quarterly get together in the parking lot.
Live music
free hamburgs/hot dogs/BEER
raffle prizes and vendors for different gear, patches, etc.
Its called Renegade Classic
The wife and I bought our leather gear there - nice people.
Would be great to meet some fellow star owners there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Houston Renegade Classic Jan 28

We're up for it...need to re-arrange some stuff but looking forward to it.

Cliff
'07 V-Star 1300

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats awesome Cliff - do you know where its located?
Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Texas Locals

New to the area. Live near IAH (North east side of Houston). I do ride back to San Antonio a lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The husband and I are in Bastrop, just east of Austin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where I be

I just registered on the site yesterday. I am purchasing a barely used 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe this week. I live in a suburb of Austin (Pflugerville).

Davo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Austin, TX Here! My mom has an 08 V-Star 650, Step dad has a V-Star 1100, and I used to have a Yamaha R1 but I sold it during college and I just moved here. When I get some income again I plan to get another R1. Since I just moved here I'm still learning laws and Regs but is it a law that you have to wear a helmet in TX?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No way man. Just cruise around on one of the Vstars. I still have my HJC Carnage helmet but my G/F doesn't have one yet. I ordered a Fly Racing Winners Circle for her but she hasn't gotten it yet. Should be here sometime this coming week. And I don't want to wear a helmet if she doesn't have one and look like a jackass lol! By the time I get a R1 we'll both have helmets.

Yeah I googled the Texas helmet law, it may not be 100% correct but from what I found a Police Officer can't pull you over for only not having a helmet. Because it basically isn't worth it just to check your age and health insurance. It may be wrong but that's what I understood from it.

Edit: Yeah the link you posted says, "The law prohibits a peace officer from stopping or detaining a person who is the operator of or a passenger on a motorcycle for the sole purpose of determining whether the person has successfully completed a motorcycle operator training and safety course or is covered by a motorcycle health insurance plan."

1 - 20 of 108 Posts