Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm here in Springtown, Texas(about 25 mi. NW of Ft. Worth). Member of the "Cowtown Motorcycle Group" Great folks and some pretty cool group rides. See ya'll out on the road and god bless!

·
Super Moderator
13,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
No way man. Just cruise around on one of the Vstars. I still have my HJC Carnage helmet but my G/F doesn't have one yet. I ordered a Fly Racing Winners Circle for her but she hasn't gotten it yet. Should be here sometime this coming week. And I don't want to wear a helmet if she doesn't have one and look like a jackass lol! By the time I get a R1 we'll both have helmets.

Yeah I googled the Texas helmet law, it may not be 100% correct but from what I found a Police Officer can't pull you over for only not having a helmet. Because it basically isn't worth it just to check your age and health insurance. It may be wrong but that's what I understood from it.

Edit: Yeah the link you posted says, "The law prohibits a peace officer from stopping or detaining a person who is the operator of or a passenger on a motorcycle for the sole purpose of determining whether the person has successfully completed a motorcycle operator training and safety course or is covered by a motorcycle health insurance plan."

it's probable cause as with anything else that a police car pulls you over. they can't pull you over for suspicion of something unless they see you currently doing something else wrong.

as far as the helmet thing, if i have a passenger on the back and only one helmet between us, i give my helmet to that person because i'm legally responsible for them as long as they are a passenger. it's better for one person to wear a helmet than nobody. but i've only run into that situation once before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it's probable cause as with anything else that a police car pulls you over. they can't pull you over for suspicion of something unless they see you currently doing something else wrong.

as far as the helmet thing, if i have a passenger on the back and only one helmet between us, i give my helmet to that person because i'm legally responsible for them as long as they are a passenger. it's better for one person to wear a helmet that nobody. but i've only run into that situation once before.
Yeah I would do that but my helmet is XL and she wears a Small. It would just flop around on her head and do more bad than good. If there was an accident it wouldn't protect her correctly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Outskirts of Houston on the south side of town. Been without a bike for ten years. This is my fourth scooter, a 2009 Strat. It was brand new with zero miles about 70 days ago. I now have over 6300 miles on her. Be safe guys, God bless you all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have a buddy in Houston who is a new rider this year and decided to go with Harley. nobody's perfect
Posing right off the bat, huh?:rolleyes:

I'm kidding, I ain't no basher....If someone wants to pay extra, have it in the shop more, go slower, and buy a trailer....more power to them.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Brenham/Houston, TX

House is in Brenham, TX.
I work in west Houston which is further than I am currently willing to commute, so I got an apartment near the office.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im at Canyon Lake just north of New Braunfels. I think i'm in a pretty great area for riding, just watch the deer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tyler, TX here... have a small group of riders. We usually do a Sunday ride and the occasional 3 day(1,000 mile) trip. Have one planned soon to hit up Galveston, Fredricksburg, and Austin. We will also be hitting up the Boo Benfit in Jefferson and the LoneStar Rally in Galveston.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, we are hoping to hit some good hill country from Fredricksburg to Austin. We are gonna try and plan a trip for Three Sisters sometime soon hopefully.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Amarillo. Damn looks like I'm all alone up here!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Moving to austin next year when I get done with the Marines for school. Bevo
, we should definitely ride around town to explode ppls brains with our 950s haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a Texas boy from Huffman. Lived in Austin for a while. I am in the Navy stationed as a recruiter in Maine. I hope to finish my 20 years in Texas. I will be home in a year. I ride a 06 Roadliner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
jsph I am holding down the fort or sub in your case until you return to this small burb near Houston. Drop a line when get back and we can burn up the country roads.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts