Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's try a one day ride and meet. We have many forum members in Texas and I have always tried to get us together to meet. If we pick a centralized location where we could ride to, have a lunch together and all ride home in one day would be great. My idea would be to meet in the Belton Lake area. If you look at the map the circle is 150 miles in diameter. If you live within the circle that would be a three hour ride. We could have a two hour lunch / get together, ride home with an 8 hour window. The distance from Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio is why I suggested Belton Lake. Significant other and family would be encouraged to attend. I would suggest a late April or early May time frame before the bad heat starts. A Sunday would work best for me but would be open for a Saturday. Leave comments if even the slightest bit interested. Help set a date, place or day. Come on folks, let's make this happen.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im game!!lets work out details.my girl rides also.she will be cumming with me.
Great, that's a start. Now we need to get a handful more to join in. If someone is interested, but Belton Lake doesn't work, suggest another central location. I'm just looking for a nice day ride and actually meet face to face. I'm old and ugly, so I'll wear a mask if you want. Oh, wait, I'm so small you probably won't see me at all. What time frame would work best? Come on, speak up, even if it's a no thanks.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can swap and do Saturday. Is a Saturday good for everyone else? Anyone have a date in mind?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Excellent idea, Les. Belton works perfectly for me. So does Saturday, but I'm more flexible than most, so whatever.

I have a recommendation for lunch: Dead Fish Grill. On the lake by the dam. Sweet view, decent menu, full bar.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This sounds like it could be doable. It’s about a 50 min ride to Belton lake for me. Let me know when y’all have a weekend day picked. I’ll follow this thread aswell. I should be able work my on-call schedule around it. My bike might even be painted by then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts