Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just joined this forum, and I wanted to check in. Kind of new to the biking world (2+ years), and it's been fantastic. Was given a great deal on a 2007 V-Star 1100 with 800 miles on it, and, needless to say, it has a lot more than that on it now. I love it. My wife enjoys riding on it, too, and this year we're looking forward to some extended day trips and overnighter's. She got her permit, too, so perhaps we'll take two bikes next year. Time will tell.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike, the road, and the fellowship. Thanks for letting me join.

Al McDowell

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys. My wife, Diane and I live in the Hudson Valley of New York, Saugerties to be exact. We are both ready for some warmer weather, to be sure, but I have a little bit of healing yet to do from some recent surgery ( total replacement right hip). Things are going well, so I should be fine to ride in a few weeks. Too cold right now, anyway ( for me, at least), and too much sand and salt on the roads still. A little too slippery for my taste.
Diane likes riding on the back, a surprise to both of us. She's a great passenger. I also have a Kymco People's 200 scooter that she's driven a couple of times. When it warms up she wants more lessons, so I don't think it'll be too long before we're riding together.
Haven't taken any real long rides yet, though I hope to this year. A couple of hours at a time locally, and a longer trek over to Ct. In the fall. We'd like to see more of New England, so... There are a lot of back roads to explore!

Al

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, anytime you can get your wife to start riding is great, frees up the back area for luggage on long trips!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a photographer (amateur) also. I enjoy large format cameras and such, so I usually have 2-4 big bags of lenses,film, etc, plus a tripod. If we go on a hike or photo trek, she refuses to be a "pack animal"! She'll carry one thing ( frequently the tripod; big and bulky, but not too heavy). She figgers my hobby, my choice of equipment, my OCD...
It's getting warmer, it won't be long now...
Thanx all for the welcome...
Al

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts