Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok got everything put back on and snapped some pictures touring style and solo style.
I added the chromed bomber covers and steel lines.
I also purchased the rear crash bar but they are on back order.

Picture of my inner fairing painted Ravin Black.

The lowers and rims ect.

Hard Trunk

And then what it really looks like.
I'm digging it gents and this bike has been a great project bike.
Swomack

·
Registered
451 Posts
Really not a fan of the air blocking things on the crash bars, but that is mainly due to age and refusal to do things like that and fairings ect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dude...bike looks awesome!...I too am not a fan of the 'lowers look', but hey to each their own...I think the wheels look great....Ilearned from your previous post about the air torpedo/lowers issue...and from that learned it will work on my deluxe...thanks for the idea....the dulas look good too...one i puthte VH Pro pipe on mine I'l shre my pics too..

all in all..kudos...great looking ride !:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry about the spelling....can't get past this levefl 5 grade 7 stuff.......lol...stipid typrwriter .....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the look of this bike. I am cinsidering doing something like this with a Royal Star Venture (im a V4 fan). I went and looked at a 2003 that has some cosmetic damage. I will know next Saturday if its mine and the custom work will begin. I want to take the Venture and keep the fairing on, loose the rear bags trunk and seat, blacken the bike, lower it, Vmax cams and............... Ofcourse I will keep my 05 venture pretty much stock for quiet cruising

·
Registered
451 Posts
bikermike-not my place to say but im pretty sure it is the yamaha stratoliner deluxe fairing, i say that because of the handlebar mounting.

Figured out what was off on the wheels,the lack of stays looks nice makes the bike look more aggressive,i hope to stick to the whole art deco thing so i plan on keeping mine.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Very nice bike.

Ok got everything put back on and snapped some pictures touring style and solo style.

The lowers and rims ect.

Hard Trunk

Swomack

Man you have a nice looking bike Swomack. Nice job! When do i send my bike over. lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Swo...awesome pics again bro....curious as to what pipes you have on there?

cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love the look of your bike, wish the top box was more rounded. Corbins large box is very nice but over $1000 is a bit much. The lowers are my favorite part, please let us know if your legs or motor get too hot this season. I will most likely add the lowers to my 07 STRAT (S) with speakers in the boxes for more sound. I found my rear rails on Ebay last year, it might be a place to check every now and then.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took my wife ou last Sunday and she just loves the rear trunk.
She said its very comfy and she will enjoy longer rides now.
Once again thanks for the kind words about my Beast.
Swomack

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just curious

The lowers and rims ect.

Hard Trunk

Swomack

Man your bike looks so nice. may i ask how much all this cost you. i know you did some of it yourself but this stuff ain't free. i was just wondering how much to make a ride this nice. i mean you have the out riggers and everything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Swomack...

I know you posted previous, but I can't find....were you able to do a straight up switch to those kicker ps5250's ? did you haveto upgrade the amp? I can't seem to find them anywhere on line for less then $200.....they aarfe the ps5250's right?

cheers

Don

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts