361 - 380 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Work in progress, 2003 1100 - formerly known as 'Silverado'. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there any chance of saving the instrument cluster and re-housing it if you're going with a sportster tank?
It can be done.
You could use the meter from your nacelle & find or fabricate a housing, then make a shock mount to put it on your bars.

I don't really think the housing is going to be the biggest problem.
I'd think the mechanical speedo cable designed to just reach the tank will be too short to go all the way up to a housing on the bars.

- Or -
You could just buy a GPS speedo with a handlebar mount on eBay & use that with a Sporty tank.
Like one of these w/ N indicator, signals, oil pressure warning, low fuel light, trip odometer, etc ...

Reactions: Froski

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I REALLY like how the amber light ring & gold accents work together against the black.
That really kicks ass. Major kudos.

I'd like to see some pics of the seat mount from another angle.
Thank you! I really love black n gold.
Here is some more for you!

Another angle:

Quick-release passenger seat:

Please tell me if you need another angle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool!
I'm curious how the driver seat is suspended.
Is that supported on a piece of leaf spring or is there a shock hidden under there? Does it move?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
‘04 1100, known as “Ratlin Rita”-23” front, +5* rake, pods, exhaust, custom fenders, headlight fairing and seat, custom paint, lowered 2.5” up front on 20w fluid, air ride in the rear, rolled tank seam, smoothie gas cap, faux ram air intake, led cluster, led headlight, led bullet tail lights, shorty kick stand, just about everything that can be done I’ve done. All done by me over the last 2.5-3 years.

—-

——

Attachments

361 - 380 of 391 Posts