Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this 99 1100 7 years ago right before my daughter was born, thinking I was being responsible getting rid of my sport bikes.

I got bored with it, sold it last summer, and bought a Hayabusa and a Grom. All of my daughter's baby pictures are on the Vstar - so when I sold it to a buddy the stipulation was that I get first dibs if he ever sold it. He bought a Harley, and I spent this summer chopping and making it a hard tail rat rod. SO FUN!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this 99 1100 7 years ago right before my daughter was born, thinking I was being responsible getting rid of my sport bikes.

I got bored with it, sold it last summer, and bought a Hayabusa and a Grom. All of my daughter's baby pictures are on the Vstar - so when I sold it to a buddy the stipulation was that I get first dibs if he ever sold it. He bought a Harley, and I spent this summer chopping and making it a hard tail rat rod. SO FUN! View attachment 119706
Nice, what kind of tank is that?

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude you did a great job. I am a machinist. Like how you left the ribs between the depressed area. You just kept hitting it with a nylon hammer? Were you afraid it would split and leak?
Terrified the entire time haha. Zero experience or practice, I just went at it. If you zoom in on the smaller rib you can see a spot with JB weld that did actually hairline crack. Followed by a 2k matte clear. We'll see how it holds up. The ribs were entirely unintentional, vstar 1100 tanks apparently have some odd crossmembers inside. I dig the way it came out though 🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Crusty started life as a 2014 Yammy Bolt, but has been aged to perfection.
Thanks for all of the positive feedback members. The reason I love this bike is that it has the stank of a 60 year-old relic, but the tecnology, dependebility and service network of Momma Yammy! It does attract attention on the slab when cruising at 70mph. I think people gawking at it are waiting for it to blow an engine, lose a wheel or burst into flames at that sustained speed. But I know better. ;)

381 - 391 of 391 Posts