Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

The Daily Ride Thread

375K views 5K replies 260 participants last post by  AlanRides 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

OK folks. Riding season is globally upon us, and most people are out with their knees in the breeze rather than poring over an indoor forum. So...

When you get home with your good (or otherwise) experiences and pix from the day, post them here with a short narrative so we can all share. And if you didn't ride today, but have some experience/pix from a past ride you'd like to brag about (or forget about:)) this is the place to author a memory, a safety experience, or just reminisce.

What say?:) Bevo promised to stick it so that it will be cumulative if we can gin up some ongoing interest.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Prairie Winds

I did what's become an annual tradition last October (weather hasn't been real wonderful yet this year for anything but work commuting): strolled along the Niobrara River that hemstitches South Dakota and Nebraska. Granted it's not as visually stunning as Yellowstone or the Beartooth, but it's really easy on the mind and no traffic. Lots of folks underrate the beauty of the Great Plains; maybe the beauty is simply the peace such quiet panoramas provide. At any rate, a few pix:

#3 ·
Went for a ride today with every intention of making it 300 miles and grabbing some Missouri River flood pix but the howling SSW gale finally got to me after only 120. Traffic was being blown into my lane (of course it would help if they weren't texting or phoning:mad:) and the wind was picking up all the soil from the guys doing field work. Felt like Lawrence of Arabia.

But it WAS 70 degrees and partly sunny, so who could resist?:)

Reactions: Strat man
#4 ·
Felt like Lawrence of Arabia.
Sounds real (sheik).

Great pics by the way.

Weather here is crummy. Drove the truck to work this morning, drove the truck home this afternoon.
Went out to the garage after dinner to look at the bike and as I did it started to rain.:(

Reactions: Strat man
#11 ·
Rode to the dealer today, about 20 miles and got the yearly state inspection done. I was surprized it was only $6.00, not bad. Then I rode another 50 miles, first through the park then down by the Niagara river. Temp was a cool 60, but moments of sunshine here and there. I'll take it!:)

#12 ·
Disappointing day

April 16th was supposed to be our first run for the year, the annual spring Flood Run, which runs along the Mississippi on either the Wisconsin side or the Minnesota side (or both, if you want). We were looking forward to it for weeks, until we woke up that morning to this...:mad:

Needless to say our ride was cancelled for the day.:( Our next "planned" run is a 3-day ride over Memorial Day weekend, up north to Duluth and east along Lake Superior. I'll make sure to get some pics, maybe even some I can post on here.:D

#13 ·
up north to Duluth and east along Lake Superior.
Are you guys going up to the Arrowhead/N. Shore or east on US2?

Pretty ride in any case. Used to love that run across northern WI from Ironwood to Superior, especially in the Fall.

Don't see why the ride was canceled; the snow seems to have melted off the road...:D:D:D

PS-

The tiki lamp is a nice touch. Souvenir from your "Survivor" days?:D

#16 ·
I took a 75 mile ride today. It was completely sunny, but still a bit nippy. This time I took a couple pics of the Niagara River. The towers off in the distance in the second pic are in Niagara Falls.

Reactions: Vandy
#17 ·
I took a 75 mile ride today. It was completely sunny, but still a bit nippy. This time I took a couple pics of the Niagara River. The towers off in the distance in the second pic are in Niagara Falls.
Nice!

Presumably you cropped the photos so that nobody could see the barrel you were going to use?:):):)

I'm sure it was a bit nippy, after all, around there it's always Fall...:rolleyes:

#28 ·
would have included the bike but the pic was taken from a scenic overlook through a chain link fence

Silly, take the picture from the other side of the fence:D:D:D

Nice. I was beginning to think nobody else ever stopped long enough to take a picture.:(

#30 ·
I just mounted a nice leather tool bag Springer and plan on putting my little digital camera in there for my trips. Even if it's a ride home from work , there is this awesome old bridge that goes over a creek that empties out into a lake. Great ride home.

#31 ·
Took a nice short (about 80 miles) ride yesterday.

Downtown Osceola, Wisconsin. Jarhead, isn't that your scooter parked behind us? I didn't realize you were in the area.:)

St. Croix Falls park..

Things are finally starting to green up on the St. Croix River.

It was a beautiful day. I wish we could have been out longer but alas, there are other things to do, like ultrasounds.:rolleyes:

#32 ·
No Don, left my scooter at the house that day...not to mention it would have been a long ride from Baltimore to you're part of town...or should I say your part of the country. Great pics by the way. If I could get rid of this rain I'd be able to make it out more.

#37 ·
Wife and I made use short trip to Guthrie Oklahoma the First State Capital of Oklahoma. TOM MIX was a bar tender here before He was "The King of Cowboys" when Ronald Reagan and John Wayne were youngsters. The last two are on Route 66 in Arcadia, one is Pops (and to me its just a two bit gas station with a lot of pop but people flock to it and its new) (wife says it is the appeal of over 400 sodas nostalgic for some) the last one is also in Arcadia for a quick rest at the Biker Shack

#41 ·
I like this thread, gotta keep it going.

Yesterday I rode to work. Then I rode home. My wife rode to work with me for the first time (yes, we work at the same place :rolleyes:). It was a beautiful, clear, 43 degrees in the morning, 62 after work.

Today I rode to work (she rode with me again!:D). Another 43 degree morning. Then wound up helping our daughter and her husband start moving. Then we rode home. Bug city tonight, holy crap!:eek: Good thing I don't look through the windshield. Only had to nail the brakes for deer 3 times in the 30 mile ride home. I love my driving lights.:D

Sorry, no pics of these exciting rides.:rolleyes: I know, I'm slacking..