Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2323 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Most of them have a basic mode which is free but the full version you have to pony up some $.
I’m surprised you found ANYTHING that is Harley Davidson and free. I thought HD stood for Hundred Dollars!
Something bout that whole thing seems to be an oxymoron!
Not true you can get a pound of canadian tire air for $95

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
I didn’t, she did. When we got home she was like wow, that was a nice long ride....I then told her it was 32 miles and she was like oh, never mind.....my way of picking at her.

That’s the longest she’s ever ridden with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve had my daughter riding on the back since she was little. Took her first ride around the block when she was 4-1/2, and of course she wanted more.
By the time she was 6-1/2 (this is in San Diego) she took a trip with me to Las Vegas to visit her grandpa. About a 5-1/2hr ride one way.
She’s 30 now and I am a grandpa. And of course, taking my 10 y/o granddaughter for rides!
My daughter doesn’t have a bike YET but she wants one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My daughter doesn’t have a bike YET but she wants one.
This is my one daughter who wants a bike. I’m trying to get her to enroll in the beginner rider course this summer as a first step. I think she’s taking this year off from school so could be a good chance to get her first bike.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yea it is our favorite place to go, we like to snorkel on the sound side near the breakwater ( mouth of the harbor)
For those who have never been there , Ft. Pickens used to be an island, now it is a peninsula at the end of Pensacola Beach , you have the Gulf of Mexico on the south side and the Escambia Sound on the north side and the end of this peninsula is the opening to the sound from the gulf. This leads to Nas Pensacola and the Pensacola Harbor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
And on a “low” humidity day you can see Alabama from there. Perdido key is across the inlet from the west end of the Island for more trivia.

Geronimo was housed there when he was arrested by the US Army after he led a revolt due to conditions on the reservation.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
Here's my ride to work and back home today while testing my phone camera with new mount on fairing. Pictures are so/so. @Yamaha Pat, you asked about me getting on freeway during my commute. In the morning with no traffic, freeway is faster, on way home side roads are faster. The overhead view should give you prospective. Mileage on Relive drive home is a tad short, I didn't start program till I was already on way home. Freeway drive is about 2 miles further. Oh, don't believe the top speed Relive captured, I'm sure I wasn't doing 80 in the 65 on way to work or the 70 in the 45 on way home. The program must have Covid 19. 🤔 o_O:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
596 Posts
Windshield is distorting your pics a bit.

Relive says your ride home was over 2 hours. ??

·
6,658 Posts
Windshield is distorting your pics a bit.

Relive says your ride home was over 2 hours. ??
Yes, this was an unsuccessful test. It was just a thought since the phone camera has a view through windshield. Basically wanted to post so that others wouldn't waste their time. Even though the pictures taken when stopped weren't all that bad. The time was off due to me forgetting to stop program, story of my life, I'm always forgetting something. 😂

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Here's my ride to work and back home today while testing my phone camera with new mount on fairing. Pictures are so/so. @Yamaha Pat, you asked about me getting on freeway during my commute. In the morning with no traffic, freeway is faster, on way home side roads are faster. The overhead view should give you prospective. Mileage on Relive drive home is a tad short, I didn't start program till I was already on way home. Freeway drive is about 2 miles further. Oh, don't believe the top speed Relive captured, I'm sure I wasn't doing 80 in the 65 on way to work or the 70 in the 45 on way home. The program must have Covid 19. 🤔 o_O:rolleyes:

Now ya just need to shoot some
Short videos OR set your camera for “live” when you do a photo and it’ll give you a 2-3 second short one. At least iPhone does.

·
6,658 Posts
Now ya just need to shoot some
Short videos OR set your camera for “live” when you do a photo and it’ll give you a 2-3 second short one. At least iPhone does.
I'll check into that. Thanks.

·
6,658 Posts
Unfortunately Houston traffic is starting to get back to somewhat normal, sucks. In the mornings I take the freeway, it's three miles further but faster. Today it was fifteen minutes longer getting home than the past few months 😠. Not looking forward to the normal hour plus commute home, but it's coming back.

Here's a few pictures from my fairing mounted phone. As long as I'm stopped they turn out pretty good.

2241 - 2260 of 2323 Posts