Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2461 - 2475 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
The handle bar mount definitely gives a much better look at how much you move the bike around in the corners and how far you lay it over. I liked both views though. Interesting to see where you are looking when you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,523 Posts
Second opinion - avoid the steel wool.

I've had better luck using a razor to slice the melted rubber off the pipes. The blade won't cut the chrome. And it slices right off very easily. Then I just follow up with Windex to get the last little bit. Or the 4O steel wool might be okay for that last haze. The nylon scotchbrite are pretty good at that last bit too. But using any of that stuff will take a long time to cut down through the mass, where the razor will just slice it right off.

View attachment 96277
I got most of it off with a rag before it cooled, then the next day I used a razor and cleaner to get the rest. I managed to put a couple of small scratches in the chrome with the dull blade but they aren't very noticeable. I'm more upset about the hole in my jacket.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The handle bar mount definitely gives a much better look at how much you move the bike around in the corners and how far you lay it over. I liked both views though. Interesting to see where you are looking when you ride.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,593 Posts
Hey Les and anyone else that is interested. I made this video to compare the video from 2 different cameras and different point of views. The helmet cam is the winbook cam and the one mounted to the handle bars you can see from the helmet cam is the gopro.
I like both. The surprising part is video quality is close between a cost effective camera and a more expensive one. I prefer a bike mount verses the helmet mount most of the time. Sometimes I get almost dizzy watching the way folks move their head back and forth. You appear to move your eyes more and not your whole head that makes the helmet mount much smoother. I really enjoy your videos.

Reactions: GARider

·
Super Moderator
6,971 Posts
Took a ride in the late afternoon after Monica got off work. Rode up the Cheraholla Skyway. We we’re about 5 miles into the NC side when it started to rain so we turned around and came back down it. It was nice going up and it was much cooler going up, lol. Here’s a few pictures....

·
Registered
708 Posts
I like both. The surprising part is video quality is close between a cost effective camera and a more expensive one. I prefer a bike mount verses the helmet mount most of the time. Sometimes I get almost dizzy watching the way folks move their head back and forth. You appear to move your eyes more and not your whole head that makes the helmet mount much smoother. I really enjoy your videos.
Thanks Les. I was surprised too how well the cost effective cam video came out. I knew the video looked good but comparing them now shows that. I have always liked this camera and have bought many for family. The cost, the number of accessories, video quality, battery life, WiFi and its submergible makes the winbook camera top notch.
Anyway I like having the helmet cam mount, its nice to be able to move to capture something that the handle bar mount couldn’t.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Finally was able to get out for a ride this morning after we took the family to breakfast. Just went out with not destination in mind other than beating the rain back home....almost accomplished that. Starting raining a few miles from home, poured on my once I hit the neighborhood. But it did feel good to get out and ride. Really haven’t ridden much in a couple of weeks because of my travel schedule.

·
7,593 Posts
Wife and I got out today for the first ride in many months. There was a Scavenger Hunt of a refinery, this is Houston, so off we go. Bummer part is it's all freeway there. We got there in about an hour. Light traffic so no issues. We stopped and got the picture of a refinery and headed a few miles down the road where the San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas (which is closed) and park on the ship channel. We stopped at the park and watched the ships go in and out of the port for a while sitting under a shade tree. Was a tad warm, 94 degrees, so we didn't stay long. Rode over to Monument, then headed home. I would say nice relaxing ride, but a few hours on Houston freeways, even on Sunday's, you have to pay attention. Watch the cars passing us on the freeway, our average speed was 75-80. Once we got there is was nice. I broke the videos into smaller clips.

Going over ship channel :

Pulling into park:

San Jacinto Monument, it's taller than the Washington Monument :

Downtown Houston skyline :

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Wife and I got out today for the first ride in many months. There was a Scavenger Hunt of a refinery, this is Houston, so off we go. Bummer part is it's all freeway there. We got there in about an hour. Light traffic so no issues. We stopped and got the picture of a refinery and headed a few miles down the road where the San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas (which is closed) and park on the ship channel. We stopped at the park and watched the ships go in and out of the port for a while sitting under a shade tree. Was a tad warm, 94 degrees, so we didn't stay long. Rode over to Monument, then headed home. I would say nice relaxing ride, but a few hours on Houston freeways, even on Sunday's, you have to pay attention. Watch the cars passing us on the freeway, our average speed was 75-80. Once we got there is was nice. I broke the videos into smaller clips.

Going over ship channel :

Pulling into park:

San Jacinto Monument, it's taller than the Washington Monument :

Downtown Houston skyline :

Houston reminds me of chicago. You can go thru at 2:30 am and it is still busy.

·
7,593 Posts
Yes, not much vibration from the bike. :ROFLMAO: 😉

2461 - 2475 of 2475 Posts