2521 - 2540 of 2600 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
576 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
I've been doing a Four Corners tour of my province this summer and today I got the last one. Left at 7:00 this morning and got home around 9:30 tonight. Beautiful day for a ride. Overall I put on 750 km (about 470 miles). Our destination was a lighthouse on the north east corner, about a 5 hour ride. But we took the scenic route, following the coast and we didn't arrive there until 4:30. The lighthouse was built in 1856 and last used in 1988.

We were able to go inside and up to the top. It was very windy but the views were amazing.

We stopped along the way and snapped a couple of pics of the water and shoreline, although we could've stopped at almost every turn for more.

Passed through the village of Shippagan which is a lobster fishing town. It's not lobster season right now so all the boats were out of the water except one.

Overall it was a great ride, with good friends, and great weather. It's amazing how many things there are to see in your own backyard when the current state of affairs kinda forces you to explore it. This summer has reminded me why New Brunswick's nickname is "The Picture Province".

·
Registered
576 Posts
Beautiful pictures @NorthernRider I think I can see my house from there.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,993 Posts
@NorthernRider , great write up and beautiful pictures. I'm jealous, last two days nothing but rain down here.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Since I've been back to work it seems every time I have a day off it's raining or threatening to. I have the next 2 days off and that's the forecast for both days. Oh well, vacation next week and I'm hoping for good weather. I definitely won't be in the top three for this months mileage challenge.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've been doing a Four Corners tour of my province this summer and today I got the last one. Left at 7:00 this morning and got home around 9:30 tonight. Beautiful day for a ride. Overall I put on 750 km (about 470 miles). Our destination was a lighthouse on the north east corner, about a 5 hour ride. But we took the scenic route, following the coast and we didn't arrive there until 4:30. The lighthouse was built in 1856 and last used in 1988.

View attachment 96931

We were able to go inside and up to the top. It was very windy but the views were amazing.

View attachment 96932
View attachment 96933
View attachment 96940
View attachment 96934

We stopped along the way and snapped a couple of pics of the water and shoreline, although we could've stopped at almost every turn for more.

View attachment 96935 View attachment 96936

Passed through the village of Shippagan which is a lobster fishing town. It's not lobster season right now so all the boats were out of the water except one.

View attachment 96937 View attachment 96938

Overall it was a great ride, with good friends, and great weather. It's amazing how many things there are to see in your own backyard when the current state of affairs kinda forces you to explore it. This summer has reminded me why New Brunswick's nickname is "The Picture Province".
Absolutely beautiful! You had a great day indeed. Thanks for sharing. Would have also been nice to see a video.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I rode to work this morning with the newly installed Grasshopper rider's backrest. I think I love this thing. It fits exactly where I need it for my back and the thick cushion it has feels great when the bumps come along. Simple to install, made in America, not expensive...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got caught in a gully washer rain coming home. I am please with the Exedra Max tires as they held firm in inch deep water.
If I had been five minutes sooner I would have missed it.
I had not moved my rain gear from the Triumph so I am soaked to the bone.
And traffic, I think anyone in a car or pickup that slows down and turns on their dang flashers needs their license pulled!
The wind screen keeps most of the rain off my chest until I had to slow down below 35mpg or so.
Despite being completely wet, the cool rain is very welcome!
20200722_155442.jpg

·
7,993 Posts
I got caught in a gully washer rain coming home. I am please with the Exedra Max tires as they held firm in inch deep water.
And traffic, I think anyone in a car or pickup that slows down and turns on their dang flashers needs their license pulled!
The wind screen keeps most of the rain off my chest until I had to slow down below 35mpg or so.
View attachment 96988
Bright side, you don't need a shower tonight.

·
Registered
459 Posts
View attachment 96988
I was supposed to ride mine today, had to go to a customer site first thing this morning and then to the office so like 200 miles round trip....checked the weather and it was supposed to pour today so took the Jeep instead. Sure am glad as it dumped on my way from the customer to the office, I would not have wanted to be on the interstate, on the bike amongst the trucks in that. Disappointed cause I was looking forward to trying out the ride on the new seat as I did the same ride last week on the old seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,993 Posts
My ride home yesterday. I'm off today and it's been raining off and on, so I'm holding my chair down.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
It was supposed to rain here today so when my boss called at 7:30 (I was still in bed) and asked if I wanted an overtime shift today I said sure. Turned out the forecast changed overnight and it was a beautiful day, dammit. So I still have tomorrow off and the forecast is for even more rain than earlier predicted. Figures.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It was supposed to rain here today so when my boss called at 7:30 (I was still in bed) and asked if I wanted an overtime shift today I said sure. Turned out the forecast changed overnight and it was a beautiful day, dammit. So I still have tomorrow off and the forecast is for even more rain than earlier predicted. Figures.
It was only nice cause you worked....I drove the Jeep and figured it wouldn’t rain at all, guess Mr Murphy took the day off in TN and went to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,993 Posts
It was supposed to rain here today so when my boss called at 7:30 (I was still in bed) and asked if I wanted an overtime shift today I said sure. Turned out the forecast changed overnight and it turned out to be a beautiful day, dammit. So I still have tomorrow and the forecast is for even more rain than earlier predicted. Figures.
You mean a little moisture stops you from riding? Oh, I forgot, you melt. :ROFLMAO: o_O

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't know , I have yet to hit it.......50 mph in first gear didn't hit it.............somewhere between 110 and 120 mph , I shut it down , it was still climbing🛵🏍
So what you are saying I got to figure this out on my own? :cool:

2521 - 2540 of 2600 Posts