Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 2738 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
First, thank you for your concern and for appreciation! This was also a reason to share that situation, in this video, video that was shorted, on order to be more likeable. Regarding the road, due to some glitches of the camera, the road between the lake and the exit on the main road, DN1, on my returning at home, was corrupted. Also my wife was so upset that she decided to go once again only for that road, very sharp, with many ups and downs, some steep, only for the first gear, and she is not exactly happy to ride a whole day in the passenger seat, do you understand?. I think that in September we will redo that road, just to record it...

Second, if you enjoy twisty roads, you can find another similar, but much narrow (two cars will not fit), on same channel if you type “04 Satuc Lac Mocearu retur”…
You have posted this before and I watched it. It is an interesting road. Too slow for my riding adventures but understandably so. I look forward to the updated next video.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
88 Posts
Hello,

Last Saturday I was on a tour with a local motorcycle club, "B-zones RC Buzau". The tour also had a picnic in a cool area, also in terms of temperature and appearance, and last but not least the members of the motorcycle club. It was for me the second time to ride with this club, it seems that we tolerate each other quite well ...This week I managed to edit a first part of this tour, depending on the time I will add the continuation, please be forgiving with my free time ...

The coordinates of the place chosen for the picnic, on google maps are:

Google Maps

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for sharing and taking us on the ride. Very nice road, love the scenery and landscape.
Did I hear you scrape the floorboards.....Nice 😀. Was that last picture a VTX, I had the same bike for many years, great bike.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
88 Posts
Thanks for sharing and taking us on the ride. Very nice road, love the scenery and landscape.
Did I hear you scrape the floorboards.....Nice 😀. Was that last picture a VTX, I had the same bike for many years, great bike.
Thank you for appreciation!
No, nothing happened with my floorboards, once it happened with my side-stand...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Trish and I headed out west on I-10, stopped and had a BBQ sandwich at Buckey's. Then it was on to Foley, Alabama to the outlet mall. Got some new cargo shorts.
It was hot 115 * heat index. It was the most traffic I have seen all year.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Trish and I headed out west on I-10, stopped and had a BBQ sandwich at Buckey's. Then it was on to Foley, Alabama to the outlet mall. Got some new cargo shorts.
It was hot 115 * heat index. It was the most traffic I have seen all year.
That’s too da$& hot! On our ride today we topped out around 85, with many portions in the shade it was kinda “chilly” at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
That’s too da$& hot! On our ride today we topped out around 85, with many portions in the shade it was kinda “chilly” at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a nice 120 mile ride today, When the sun went behind the clouds i thought about stopping and putting on a coat. Was about 75*. Watch out guys the blood is heating up. I rode 120 miles and had her up to 80mph. Maybe i am turning a new leaf. Naw way too much vibration for my like at that speed.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,645 Posts
I had a nice 120 mile ride today, When the sun went behind the clouds i thought about stopping and putting on a coat. Was about 75*. Watch out guys the blood is heating up. I rode 120 miles and had her up to 80mph. Maybe i am turning a new leaf. Naw way too much vibration for my like at that speed.
Wow, 120 miles and 80mph, that must have been stressful. To calm your nerves, get you cleaning supplies out and get all the bugs off the bike, put some new line on all your reels, fire up the grill and grab a beer. That feeling of stress will slowly subside.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
920 Posts
Pretty Pillion and I watch lots of travel and food shows. One of these food shows is called Diners, Drive Inns and Dives. AKA Triple D. For those who don't know, the host, Guy Fieri drives around in his '69, red convertible Camaro and talks to all these cool hole in the wall restaurants. Any way, one of the places he highlighted is in Richmond, VA just 2 hours away via back roads. So we decided to go to ZZQ Texas BBQ. Being from Texas, I really had a hankering for some good Texas Style Beef Ribs.

Last weekend we rode the Stratoliner, this time she wanted to go on the Rocket to do a comparison between the two from the Pillion perspective.

The ride down was awesome with temps just reaching 80*F. Most of the way was in the shade where the low humidity kept it very pleasant. We got to see some 200 year old homes and building along the route but as we were getting hungry, we didn't stop.

We got to ZZQ at 1:30 and saw the small parking lot full. Luckily the bike can be parked where cages cannot. We took off our helmets and donned our masks. The cutesy guy standing out front ask if had ordered online. No, we wanted to order here and eat in the backyard as their website was available, (no inside dinning due the political virus going around). He told us no, they only take web orders right now. Okay I say and luckily I have the ability from my cell to do such though I hate doing it this way. But those ribs looked so good on Triple D, I will acquiesce.

On line though, it showed the Beef Ribs as Sold Out. I asked the guy if this was true and he said yes, they sold out an hour ago. An Hour ago?!? WTF!. They don't open till 11am. Then I see they are out of Burnt Ends as well. I am not happy to say the least. As I scrolled down the list online I chose the Pulled Pork and she got a slice of Brisket.

The food was good but their Pulled Pork was not Texas style, it is South Carolina Style. I like that too but was hoping for Texas and not so vinegar like. Her Brisket was soft enough one does not need teeth, but I wonder if they got any rub on this slice as all I could taste was the nice smoke. There portions are small too, definitely not like the BBQ I ate when home a few weeks ago.

They won't even let customers inside to use the toilets. I watched a young mother walk her two kids two blocks away to use the toilets in a convenience store. How is that safer then just letting folks go inside here. Unsatisfactory! And surely not the Texas way of showing hospitality.

In the end, I wrote them a negative review. But the day is not lost because two block away is The Dairy Bar.

We got back on Brahma and rode around the one-way streets to get to The Dairy Bar before they close at 3PM. I did not want to eat dessert at the other place because I figured they would screw that up too. We ordered and the extra nice girl brought out a hot brownie with ice cream for Pretty Pillion and a banana split for me. As I took my first bite, as was transported back to the days of my youth in Texas. I did not know at that moment, but soon found out that this place uses Blue Belle Ice Cream, one of the National Foods of Texas! My mood improved tremendously!
20200906a.jpg
20200906b.jpg

We took a slightly longer route home and avoided the super slab once more. We saw more old places and enjoyed talking to each other along the way. What could have been a disaster for our lunch tunred out to be a great day in the saddle after all. 180 miles total.

·
8,645 Posts
Pretty Pillion and I watch lots of travel and food shows. One of these food shows is called Diners, Drive Inns and Dives. AKA Triple D. For those who don't know, the host, Guy Fieri drives around in his '69, red convertible Camaro and talks to all these cool hole in the wall restaurants. Any way, one of the places he highlighted is in Richmond, VA just 2 hours away via back roads. So we decided to go to ZZQ Texas BBQ. Being from Texas, I really had a hankering for some good Texas Style Beef Ribs.

Last weekend we rode the Stratoliner, this time she wanted to go on the Rocket to do a comparison between the two from the Pillion perspective.

The ride down was awesome with temps just reaching 80*F. Most of the way was in the shade where the low humidity kept it very pleasant. We got to see some 200 year old homes and building along the route but as we were getting hungry, we didn't stop.

We got to ZZQ at 1:30 and saw the small parking lot full. Luckily the bike can be parked where cages cannot. We took off our helmets and donned our masks. The cutesy guy standing out front ask if had ordered online. No, we wanted to order here and eat in the backyard as their website was available, (no inside dinning due the political virus going around). He told us no, they only take web orders right now. Okay I say and luckily I have the ability from my cell to do such though I hate doing it this way. But those ribs looked so good on Triple D, I will acquiesce.

On line though, it showed the Beef Ribs as Sold Out. I asked the guy if this was true and he said yes, they sold out an hour ago. An Hour ago?!? WTF!. They don't open till 11am. Then I see they are out of Burnt Ends as well. I am not happy to say the least. As I scrolled down the list online I chose the Pulled Pork and she got a slice of Brisket.

The food was good but their Pulled Pork was not Texas style, it is South Carolina Style. I like that too but was hoping for Texas and not so vinegar like. Her Brisket was soft enough one does not need teeth, but I wonder if they got any rub on this slice as all I could taste was the nice smoke. There portions are small too, definitely not like the BBQ I ate when home a few weeks ago.

They won't even let customers inside to use the toilets. I watched a young mother walk her two kids two blocks away to use the toilets in a convenience store. How is that safer then just letting folks go inside here. Unsatisfactory! And surely not the Texas way of showing hospitality.

In the end, I wrote them a negative review. But the day is not lost because two block away is The Dairy Bar.

We got back on Brahma and rode around the one-way streets to get to The Dairy Bar before they close at 3PM. I did not want to eat dessert at the other place because I figured they would screw that up too. We ordered and the extra nice girl brought out a hot brownie with ice cream for Pretty Pillion and a banana split for me. As I took my first bite, as was transported back to the days of my youth in Texas. I did not know at that moment, but soon found out that this place uses Blue Belle Ice Cream, one of the National Foods of Texas! My mood improved tremendously!
View attachment 98461 View attachment 98462

We took a slightly longer route home and avoided the super slab once more. We saw more old places and enjoyed talking to each other along the way. What could have been a disaster for our lunch tunred out to be a great day in the saddle after all. 180 miles total.
Texas BBQ and Dairy Queen, doesn't get much better, cool that you got a ride in also. 🍨🍦

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
920 Posts
Texas BBQ and Dairy Queen, doesn't get much better, cool that you got a ride in also. 🍨🍦
I surely would not call anything about ZZQ as being Texan. They do have trash cans in Texas color with the words "Don't mess with Texas" on them, but that is about it.

And the Dairy Bar was incredible.

Hopefully I can get Pretty Pillion to ride more with me. She is just now getting back into the enjoyment of it. She told me this morning that two hours out, lunch and two hours back works well for her. ❤ 😎 ❤

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,107 Posts
Took a nice ride along the coast this morning. Followed by a piggyback ride.

Reactions: Boog and Lup69

·
8,645 Posts
Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Ok, the saddlebags and the rear turn signals are there, so he didn't lay it down, the rear tire isn't flat. He wouldn't tow it for running out of gas, what gives, are we going to have a Bevo poll to guess why it is on the rollback?

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,107 Posts
Dead battery. Have not dug into the diag yet.

I can confirm 1100's shut down at 11.6V. LCD goes dead somewhat prior to that.

2661 - 2680 of 2738 Posts