Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2741 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts
Hello,
Here is the 2nd part of the riding and picnic with B-Zones club…enjoy!
Nice road and senery. Great video.

Reactions: Lup69

·
Super Moderator
3,742 Posts
Did a nice ride today with the Guardians of the Children club out of Saint John, a city about 2 hours from where I live. They support child abuse victims and it was a fund raiser ride. Met up with 8 other riders from Moncton and headed out this morning. It was a little chilly early on but warmed up into the 70s by noon. There was a nice mix of bikes, from an Indian and a Harley to a few Vulcans, a couple of Hondas and one VStar. Here we are just outside of Saint John trying to figure out the best route to the meeting place.

Fortunately a couple of groups of local riders showed up and we all got together and they led us into town to the start of the ride. There were maybe 20 bikes already there and our group almost doubled the amount of bikes. The organizers were very pleasantly surprised as they expected maybe 25 bikes in total (at $20 per bike for the charity). It ended up being 49 altogether.

You can see my bike second from the left in this pic:

We made quite a parade rolling through town and along the Saint John River to the Grand Bay ferry. We weren't sure if we would all be able to fit on at once, but there were no cars in the mix so we managed, although it was a little tight. These are cable operated ferries and it takes about 10 minutes to cross the river.

We rolled along the beautiful Kingston Peninsula, drawing a lot of attention from the locals. This is farm and cottage country so 49 bikes riding through wasn't a daily occurrence. Another ferry took us back across a different river near Saint John to where the charity ride ended. While we were waiting for the ferry a small group took off to a local restaurant so the group is a little smaller in these pics.

Overall it was a great day and all for a really good cause. As you can see in the pics the leaves haven't begun to change yet but it won't be long. I plan on some fall foliage rides so I'll be sure to get some pics of that up.

·
8,683 Posts
Looks like a great ride for a good cause. Glad it warmed up for y'all.

Reactions: faffi

·
Registered
622 Posts
We had one of our monthly group rides yesterday with SCRC Dickson chapter. It was a small group, only 3 bikes but we headed out early ahead of the weather and got some miles in before 36 hours of rain set in. We all made it home right before the rain hit.

We met up with another member and his daughter for breakfast. He had a retry nasty spill back in June on one of the group rides. Was riding a different bike and didn’t realize the footboards didn’t fold, dug it into the pavement in a curve and caused him to go off the road and then renter the road being thrown over the bars when the front end hit the ditch. It was good to see him, he said he’s about 100% back but has given up riding due to his age and not bouncing back from injuries as fast.

Overall, it was a great day, got to see some roads I hadn’t ridden before with a couple of guys I enjoy hanging out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,683 Posts
Nice ride. I'm on vacation this week and suppose to rain every day. Hopefully I'll be able to get a short ride or two in without getting too wet.

Reactions: Boog and GARider

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
93 Posts
Did a nice ride today with the Guardians of the Children club out of Saint John, a city about 2 hours from where I live. They support child abuse victims and it was a fund raiser ride. Met up with 8 other riders from Moncton and headed out this morning. It was a little chilly early on but warmed up into the 70s by noon. There was a nice mix of bikes, from an Indian and a Harley to a few Vulcans, a couple of Hondas and one VStar. Here we are just outside of Saint John trying to figure out the best route to the meeting place.

View attachment 98689

Fortunately a couple of groups of local riders showed up and we all got together and they led us into town to the start of the ride. There were maybe 20 bikes already there and our group almost doubled the amount of bikes. The organizers were very pleasantly surprised as they expected maybe 25 bikes in total (at $20 per bike for the charity). It ended up being 49 altogether.

View attachment 98690

You can see my bike second from the left in this pic:
View attachment 98692

We made quite a parade rolling through town and along the Saint John River to the Grand Bay ferry. We weren't sure if we would all be able to fit on at once, but there were no cars in the mix so we managed, although it was a little tight. These are cable operated ferries and it takes about 10 minutes to cross the river.

View attachment 98693

We rolled along the beautiful Kingston Peninsula, drawing a lot of attention from the locals. This is farm and cottage country so 49 bikes riding through wasn't a daily occurrence. Another ferry took us back across a different river near Saint John to where the charity ride ended. While we were waiting for the ferry a small group took off to a local restaurant so the group is a little smaller in these pics.

View attachment 98694

View attachment 98695

Overall it was a great day and all for a really good cause. As you can see in the pics the leaves haven't begun to change yet but it won't be long. I plan on some fall foliage rides so I'll be sure to get some pics of that up.
Very nice ride, nice shots, looks like you ride with the Vulcan, it was easy to me to find it also because last summer I ride a Classic VN1500 that belong to a good friend in Germany…

Super show!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
We had one of our monthly group rides yesterday with SCRC Dickson chapter. It was a small group, only 3 bikes but we headed out early ahead of the weather and got some miles in before 36 hours of rain set in. We all made it home right before the rain hit.

We met up with another member and his daughter for breakfast. He had a retry nasty spill back in June on one of the group rides. Was riding a different bike and didn’t realize the footboards didn’t fold, dug it into the pavement in a curve and caused him to go off the road and then renter the road being thrown over the bars when the front end hit the ditch. It was good to see him, he said he’s about 100% back but has given up riding due to his age and not bouncing back from injuries as fast.

Overall, it was a great day, got to see some roads I hadn’t ridden before with a couple of guys I enjoy hanging out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great ride, I enjoy also the photos, sorry for the other member trouble…ugly…

It looks that sometimes is good to go on the road with at least one colleague, never say never!

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
946 Posts
Pretty Pillion has given me a challenge for this weekend. She wants to go out, no more than two hours and eat and then return. I said yes. Then she said, it has to be somewhere we haven't ridden yet. I've been riding this area for quite awhile now, I'm not sure where to take her with that requirement; but, I will accept her challenge none-the-less.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You’re lucky to have this kind of challenge from Pretty Pillion, my wife challenged me to stay last weekend in house although it was warm and nice…She win, I have lost but I’ve made a short trip around the city…🏍

·
Registered
2003 Vstar 1100 Silverado
35 Posts
Pretty Pillion has given me a challenge for this weekend. She wants to go out, no more than two hours and eat and then return. I said yes. Then she said, it has to be somewhere we haven't ridden yet. I've been riding this area for quite awhile now, I'm not sure where to take her with that requirement; but, I will accept her challenge none-the-less.
I headed down your way this past weekend to Kent Island. Might be more than 2 hours for you, but maybe you can convince her to stretch out the time requirements a bit.

Reactions: lesblank

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,117 Posts
Two hours? I would take that as a speed challenge, not distance.

Reactions: Boog and lesblank

·
Registered
946 Posts
Two hours? I would take that as a speed challenge, not distance.
I like your thought brother. But that won't work with this girl, she likes slower backroad speeds and not the freeway blasting. She told me the other day she only has a two-hour bum.

@Dtap I am thinking about a Maryland trip but further south I think. Your pictures look great. Thanks for the idea though.

Reactions: bpounds and Brad_G

·
Registered
946 Posts
It is the changing of the season in Northern Virginia today. I wore the full-face helmet and was reminded why listening to music is a bad thing. Just try to not twist the throttle in the drum solo on In The Air Tonight. Just like the Rocket III, the Stratoliner loves to take long deep breathes of cold dense air...

Reactions: Brad_G

·
8,683 Posts
Being on vacation this week the plan was to get multiple rides in. Well between rain and chores today was the first day I was able to get out. Right at 175 miles. Here's the Relive video:

Also shot a few videos, I shortened them as most of the roads around here are straight and can be boring. This was beginning of ride, as you can tell, straight, but pretty nice greenery to look at, well at least for Texas in September.

Went thru several small towns, they are so peaceful compared to Houston.

I was out exploring some country roads I hadn't been on before. I told Google Map, no freeway, no toll, etc, and this was a road it took me down. I went about a half mile and turned around, I cut out the turn around part, it was at least a 20 point turn for me in on the slick gravel. Funny now, but not while I was doing it.

Came across a section of road that was different, might be hard to tell, but where the car tires go, it's grooved, and left smooth in the middle, made a nice place to ride and not fight the grooves.

I stopped at a State Park to chill for a moment, there were several other bikers there doing the get away from Houston ride like I was.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Being on vacation this week the plan was to get multiple rides in. Well between rain and chores today was the first day I was able to get out. Right at 175 miles. Here's the Relive video:

Also shot a few videos, I shortened them as most of the roads around here are straight and can be boring. This was beginning of ride, as you can tell, straight, but pretty nice greenery to look at, well at least for Texas in September.

Went thru several small towns, they are so peaceful compared to Houston.

I was out exploring some country roads I hadn't been on before. I told Google Map, no freeway, no toll, etc, and this was a road it took me down. I went about a half mile and turned around, I cut out the turn around part, it was at least a 20 point turn for me in on the slick gravel. Funny now, but not while I was doing it.

Came across a section of road that was different, might be hard to tell, but where the car tires go, it's grooved, and left smooth in the middle, made a nice place to ride and not fight the grooves.

I stopped at a State Park to chill for a moment, there were several other bikers there doing the get away from Houston ride like I was.

You should have left the camera on for the 70 point turn. I have been on loose gravel and loose sandy gravel roads before and it is not fun unless you are on a dirt bike.

·
8,683 Posts
You should have left the camera on for the 70 point turn. I have been on loose gravel and loose sandy gravel roads before and it is not fun unless you are on a dirt bike.
I did, but camera battery ran out since it took so long and corrupted the file. It's better y'all use your imagination, you would laugh to hard at the real thing. I'm sure I looked like a little kid trying to turn his father's bike around. Everytime I'd push back on the bike my foot would slip on the rocks and the bike would role forward, almost ended up in ditch, well actually front tire did. I might be calling @Deeksvstarclassic for the name of his hernia doctor. But, bike didn't go down and I eventually got out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I did, but camera battery ran out since it took so long and corrupted the file. It's better y'all use your imagination, you would laugh to hard at the real thing. I'm sure I looked like a little kid trying to turn his father's bike around. Everytime I'd push back on the bike my foot would slip on the rocks and the bike would role forward, almost ended up in ditch, well actually front tire did. I might be calling @Deeksvstarclassic for the name of his hernia doctor. But, bike didn't go down and I eventually got out.
Adding those comments does make it funnier without the video.
Seriously glad it turned out well and you and the bike stayed upright.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Les when I saw how high your elevation was in your Relive at 348v feet I had to post the “comparative“ elevation on my ride this morning in North GA.
Elevation 319.9..........
Oh wait that is 3,199 feet.
I will post the video of the twisties later.
I had a fantastic ride this morning on the Suches loop and what is known as the Georgia Dragon.
High elevation, twist and turns makes for a great ride.

·
8,683 Posts
Yea, had to go 100 miles to get that high. 😃
The Houston group is still our riding. Just stopped for lunch. Will post details later. We are having a blast.

2701 - 2720 of 2741 Posts