Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 2835 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Did a poker run to support a local breast cancer charity yesterday. Roughly 110 miles all said & done. Lots of smiles made & money raised to help local women & their families struggling with breast cancer.
Id say it was a great day!

Ride smart! Ride often!
Very Nice. Every year I ride and support the Ride for Kids to raise money for pediatric brain cancer.
This organization has events in many cities around the country.
Please check them out...
Also known as cure the kids.
I ride to cure the kids!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts
Carla (wife) and I went for a quick ride this afternoon. Went on some back roads west (away from traffic). Only got poked 👉 once for passing when she didn't think I should have, that's a good ride. 😇. Here's Relive and a few short videos, pretty boring senery, but wind therapy time was good.

Tar snakes

Found some really back roads today

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,111 Posts
Pretty Pillion and I headed out from Dumfries just passed 9am to go meet Dtap for lunch in Gettysburg, PA. The temp was right at 50*F and she was layered up with her new gloves.

We got on to RT 234 northbound for about 35 minutes then to Hwy 15 all the way to the Appalachian Brewing Company in Gettysburg.

On the road we enjoyed great conversations about the livestock along the way. Many cows, horses, Llama and donkeys. One unattended goat was next to the pavement but was to concerned with eating to notice us. The chickens are looking mighty plump too.
The mountains are just starting to show a little color for fall but are mainly lush and green.

Never once did she mention she was cold, win!

We got to the food stop just before noon and got a table as we saw Dtap ride up

The food was great and so was their Scotch Ale.

We enjoyed our visit then said goodbye to head back.

We stopped at the Elizabeth Seaton National Shrine a short time later, (wow, it was crowded).

Next stop was ice cream in Leesburg before finally making the last leg home.

We spent 9 hours out in the wonderful outdoors. Today is a good day.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
How could I forget the big event on that ride yesterday? While going around a 25mph round-about at 35mph, I scraped my left floorboard. This is the first time I have done so with Pretty pillion on the back. She had no clue what was happening and thought the bike was coming apart. It didn't matter how I tried to explain it away, she said don't do that again...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Carla (wife) and I went for a quick ride this afternoon. Went on some back roads west (away from traffic). Only got poked 👉 once for passing when she didn't think I should have, that's a good ride. 😇. Here's Relive and a few short videos, pretty boring senery, but wind therapy time was good.

Tar snakes

Found some really back roads today

I watched and I thought I saw you on loose gravel but it was just a crappy section of the road.
I still like this camera, I noticed that in your videos that it has a small blur in the bottom right corner , is that something on the lens or a reflection causing that...

·
9,017 Posts
I watched and I thought I saw you on loose gravel but it was just a crappy section of the road.
I still like this camera, I noticed that in your videos that it has a small blur in the bottom right corner , is that something on the lens or a reflection causing that...
It was a bug dragon fly stuck on camera lens that caused the blur. Didn't see it until I went to take camera off bike. It was was a Texas size dragon fly.

·
9,017 Posts
Well atleast it didn’t block the whole lens with its whole dragon fly A$$......and it was and easy fix....
Video quality still looks good.
Thanks, I've messed with it a lot to get a steady video from a cheap camera. Considering it's mounted on the lower part on the triple tree it's turned out pretty good. What I've found with this camera is the lighting has the biggest effect on video quality. But I'm pleased and works great for me with my remote start and stop setup.

·
Registered
721 Posts
How could I forget the big event on that ride yesterday? While going around a 25mph round-about at 35mph, I scraped my left floorboard. This is the first time I have done so with Pretty pillion on the back. She had no clue what was happening and thought the bike was coming apart. It didn't matter how I tried to explain it away, she said don't do that again...
Yeah, Kelley usually hits me when I drag the floorboards, she knows what the sound is and still hates it, tells me not to do it again

·
9,017 Posts
Here is a short video from a few weeks back. I haven’t been out much in the last few weeks and this is the last decent ride I had recently.
Nice peaceful looking ride.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have another business ride to do today. This time it is the Triumph's turn. It will be packed like the Strat was last week but with two life rafts added. Look out Chesapeake Bay, here I come.

I head out this afternoon after it stops raining. Wouldn't want to get the life rafts wet you know...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
What magic is this? You get paid to ride?
At times yes. It is a two hour ride to get to my site for an early start in the morning. Not only do I get paid to ride their, but I also get to charge for mileage. I am not taking my travel bag this time as I need the space for gear. I'll put my clothes in the saddle bags on this trip.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My dream job would be a motorcycle test rider or a moto-journalist. Neither pay well I hear though but I think job satisfaction would be high.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My dream job would be a motorcycle test rider or a moto-journalist. Neither pay well I hear though but I think job satisfaction would be high.
A goal of mine for 2021 is to start buy & flipping motorcycles. As well as try to video document the process of each bike.
Hoping to break even.

Ride smart. Ride often.

2761 - 2780 of 2835 Posts