Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2835 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Daily commute today, left work as the sun was setting, very pretty. About half way home the bottom fell out of I don’t know what cloud but it POURED for about 2 miles on the interstate, I was soaked from the knees down. Then it cleared and we had the most amazing sunset. Absolutely beautiful ride home and worth getting wet. Luckily it was pretty warm today, for October, it was low 70’s on the ride home so no issue being wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,111 Posts
I got rain for all 3 hours of my 2 hour ride today. Google maps lied about how long it would take to get to Patuxent River!

Anyway, Brahma, Kermit and I are done for the day.
20201012_122017.jpg
20201012_161515.jpg

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Today's ride...
20201013_104258.jpg

20201013_111735.jpg

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts

·
9,017 Posts
Had to get some dog food on way home. I normally don't take the freeway due to traffic. But with schools not fully open, folks working from home and still some not working at all, the traffic is about half of what it normally is. Here's a quick video, average speed was 75 to 80. Was a beautiful day and in upper 80s.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Had to get some dog food on way home. I normally don't take the freeway due to traffic. But with schools not fully open, folks working from home and still some not working at all, the traffic is about half of what it normally is. Here's a quick video, average speed was 75 to 80. Was a beautiful day and in upper 80s.

I like days like this on the highway. Nice day and nice cruise.

·
Super Moderator
7,532 Posts
Last night was date night so we rode the bikes to the Gondolier restaurant in Dayton.
It’s an Italian restaurant known for Italian dishes and casual atmosphere. Weather was perfect there and back. I wanted to put a few miles on the RoadStar with the new tires to get a good feel for it.
Monica wanted to ride the RoadStar to the restaurant, and of course she smoked me on her 950. She said it felt more stable and cornered better. I rode it home and cut a few corners, those Shinko 777’s really grip well. I really didn’t think new tires would make that much difference, boy was I wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
108 Posts
@Boog:
Hi,
I've noticed on Brahma this detail:
20201012_122017.jpg

Nice!!!
So I want to ask your opinion regarding these stuff:
127093-08-1602501860-127093-0.jpg
138159-16-1602502122-135650-0.jpg
a020079-010-1600959489-A011133-0.jpg

Available in these 3 versions, universal fitting, finally, if required I think that I can rebuild the connection plate.
Even in the summer days I suppose that will protect the gloves from rain, so my hands could remain in better condition, true?
I apologize if I post it in the wrong topic...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
@Lup69 The guards on Brahma are made by Sage Brush: they have many other products by brand... Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps

The products you show would indeed block the wind, that is what is most important when riding in cold weather or rain. I'm not sure if that lengthens the life of your gloves, but it does help to keep your body warm and working. I rode for years without heated gear, but now it goes on when it gets cold. That is another idea to try.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It's an old, old question, is he brave or stupid? Each of us have a threshold of risk aversion and many of us go beyond that to some objective even if we know not the criteria.

I made it to work feeling joyful and exhilarated today. The equation is potentially high risk I admit. Cold, dense air makes the engine happy. It wants to take long DEEP breathes of air. It is steady rain so I wear my full-face helmet on the Rocket III as the windscreen is shorter than on the Strat. The full face helmet as an FM radio tuned to classic rock. So, cold, dense air + rainy roads + darkness + Blondie singing Call Me = Potential disaster or exhilarating ride? The answer can be both but for me it was the later today. It is so hard NOT to twist the GO handle as the crescendo in the song rises. That 2300cc engine loves this air like no other and begs for more of it. The rain in the dark flowing past the headlights and fog lights looks like the Millennium Falcon going to hyperspace. My tires feel firmly planted on the wet pavement and tease me that I can push harder, I don't though. The gray hair God has given me has also taught me to respect physics and not to attempt to defeat them. But it is hard not to think about it at times...

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
Discovered yesterday I have the day off today. It's going to be 21C (about 72F) and sunny. Just had 2 new tires installed on the beast and I'm going riding. Posted that in a riding group I'm in on FB and several others are going to meet me. Not many days like this left so I'm going to take full advantage. Got my new Bluetooth wireless earbuds, a couple of good classic rock playlists on my Spotify, and a beautiful day. What more could I ask for?

Gives Covid the finger and heads out the door.

·
9,017 Posts
Discovered yesterday I have the day off today. It's going to be 21C (about 72F) and sunny. Just had 2 new tires installed on the beast and I'm going riding. Posted that in a riding group I'm in on FB and several others are going to meet me. Not many days like this left so I'm going to take full advantage. Got my new Bluetooth wireless earbuds, a couple of good classic rock playlists on my Spotify, and a beautiful day. What more could I ask for?

Gives Covid the finger and heads out the door.
This will also be a good test for your backrest. Didn't you just get one and commented you hadn't really tested it out good?

Reactions: Boog
2781 - 2800 of 2835 Posts