Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2861 - 2880 of 2946 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,526 Posts
Looks like a really nice day. Great pictures. I really like the Relive app. Glad you got a ride in.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Did a short 100 mile loop. Luckily, in Vermont I crossed the same mountain range (the Green Mountains - our namesake) twice through two different gaps. First photo is Rochester Gap looking down the west side. The last two are Appalachian Gap - I scraped a floorboard on one of the turns. It is very twisty with a few hairpin turns. The road I came up on can be seen in the very last photo in the middle. On a clear day you'd be able to see Lake Champlain - the largest natural fresh water lake after the Great Lakes.

Notice my purple backpack. I wasn't sure if it would turn cold or not and I didn't want to put saddlebags on - I kept the ones that came with the bike.

Appalachian Gap is one of several points where the Long Trail (a trail that starts in MA and follows the peaks of the Green Mountains all the way up to Canada where it ends at the border) crosses highways in the gaps and other high points in the state. These points are very popular for hikers to park and do quick day trips - thus all the cars.

Appalachian Gap looking west. Beyond the hills you see in the background is Lake Champlain. Then NY on the other side. On a clear day you can see the Adirondacks. Note the small slice of road in the middle of the photo. That's one of the few straight sections on the ride up. Also - notice the white patches through the woods - what's left of the snow fall we had earlier in the week.

Attachments

·
9,526 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Glad you got some wind therapy time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Got to take Kelley out for some wind therapy today. She can’t ride for long right now with her knee still being messed up from the accident last month, hopefully the ortho figures out the issue and fixes it soon.

We just took some of the roads around the house and swung by the store on the way back to pick up some steaks and sides for dinner. Luckily some of these were roads neither of us had been on so even though it’s a short ride we got to find some new places.

Beautiful scenery again today with all the fall colors even though it doesn’t feel like fall with the temps in the low 80’s today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
9,526 Posts
Got to take Kelley out for some wind therapy today. She can’t ride for long right now with her knee still being messed up from the accident last month, hopefully the ortho figures out the issue and fixes it soon.

We just took some of the roads around the house and swung by the store on the way back to pick up some steaks and sides for dinner. Luckily some of these were roads neither of us had been on so even though it’s a short ride we got to find some new places.

Beautiful scenery again today with all the fall colors even though it doesn’t feel like fall with the temps in the low 80’s today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice ride. The Vstar Houston Riders had a good ride today. I put the ride details in the Houston thread but I know a lot of people don't look in that thread much.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Put on 160 miles yesterday. So gorgeous out and enjoyed the ride so much I forgot (again) to stop and take any photos. Plenty of opportunities but crossing the causeway between the the mainland and Grand Isle, where you can look south and north and see nothing but water with sunshine sparkling off it, was rather breath taking. I'll have to remember to ride up there again and take some photos for you.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
117 Posts
Because the fall is still gentle with us, in a sunny, dry, but cold Saturday I took the opportunity for another short ride. The itinerary was like the previous one, but in the opposite way. This time, the forest becomes more ripened, although in some area the green looks almost like in the spring, but the leafs from the ground point exactly the time of the year…
Enjoy!

·
9,526 Posts
Looks like a nice ride with lots of color.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Because the fall is still gentle with us, in a sunny, dry, but cold Saturday I took the opportunity for another short ride. The itinerary was like the previous one, but in the opposite way. This time, the forest becomes more ripened, although in some area the green looks almost like in the spring, but the leafs from the ground point exactly the time of the year…
Enjoy!
Thanks was a beautiful ride. I like the inserted videos. I had anxiety when I saw cars passing you....yikes... I hate when that happens to me.....but I suspect that you waved them on so you can take in the scenery. 😉
This is one of the reasons I video it so I can watch what I missed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks was a beautiful ride. I like the inserted videos. I had anxiety when I saw cars passing you....yikes... I hate when that happens to me.....but I suspect that you waved them on so you can take in the scenery. 😉
This is one of the reasons I video it so I can watch what I missed.
indeed, this is another reason why I edit the videos, another would be that you don't want to see how people drive here, on the roads ... but I survived until now, maybe I will succeed from now on ...

·
Registered
958 Posts
indeed, this is another reason why I edit the videos, another would be that you don't want to see how people drive here, on the roads ... but I survived until now, maybe I will succeed from now on ...
Fighting traffic and always having to watch out for the unexpected distracted driver in an congested area doesn’t make for a relaxing ride.... Watching this video as you have it edited seems like it was a very enjoyable day.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Plenty of opportunities but crossing the causeway between the the mainland and Grand Isle, where you can look south and north and see nothing but water with sunshine sparkling off it, was rather breath taking.
I've taken that route many times between Plattsburgh to Burlington and back when my dad was in the hospital there. Would love to see those pics!

Reactions: GARider and Lorax

·
Registered
117 Posts
2861 - 2880 of 2946 Posts