Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2946 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,526 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
We’ve gotten a couple of rides in on the vacation. Last night after we got to Pensacola we were able to meet up with Jspree and his wife Trish for a bit before heading out to my brother in laws for dinner with them.

Today we ran around Pensacola in the morning seeing folks and grabbing a bite then stopped by Kelley’s aunts place and hung out for a few hours. We then headed off to our hometown to see how much it’s grown and have some dinner with a high school friend of hers.

So far it’s been a relaxing and enjoyable time. Tomorrow we head to the beach and then dinner with some of my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Trish and I finally made it to grandkids in Gadsden. Wreck on hwy 59 so bumper to bumper. It was 50 degrees, we were frrreezzzzing,with chaps and leathers on.

The bag on top is their Xmas. We are doing it early. Trish doesn't know it but Wednesday they are having a surprise birthday party for her (60 th )

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Trish and I finally made it to grandkids in Gadsden. Wreck on hwy 59 so bumper to bumper. It was 50 degrees, we were frrreezzzzing,with chaps and leathers on. View attachment 100818
The bag on top is their Xmas. We are doing it early. Trish doesn't know it but Wednesday they are having a surprise birthday party for her (60 th )
I will admit 50 on a long ride is pretty cold. Glad you made it ok

·
9,526 Posts
@matthewd92 and @Jspree, sounds like some nice rides and family time. Tell Trish Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I hate that all the little hardware and auto parts are closing. It finally warmed up enough I could go over the bike after I ride to Gadsden and I found a bolt missing.It was this stupid bolt right here.

Because I had to buy prepackaged bolts, nuts and washers , I ended up with 4 bolts, 4 nuts, 12 washers and 10 lock washers , Total $17.30 for one stinking bolt. But now I have spares. But at the old hardware store it would have been a couple dollars.

·
9,526 Posts
I hate that all the little hardware and auto parts are closing. It finally warmed up enough I could go over the bike after I ride to Gadsden and I found a bolt missing.It was this stupid bolt right here.

View attachment 100924

Because I had to buy prepackaged bolts, nuts and washers , I ended up with 4 bolts, 4 nuts, 12 washers and 10 lock washers , Total $17.30 for one stinking bolt. But now I have spares. But at the old hardware store it would have been a couple dollars.
Sears and Ace Hardware stores still carry nuts, bolts , etc by the unit. At least in Houston. Ace is my favorite, great selection of single stainless fasteners.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,210 Posts
The kids got me a new action cam to replace the GoPro that went freeway sailing. Shot my first video with it yesterday. Probably too long, and boring, but you might enjoy some of our So Cal mountain scenery. Flatlanders might find it a little skeery. The San Gabriels are some very rugged mountains.

The camera is a CamPark X20, and it has some nice features, but I don't think it records with the quality that my first generation GoPro Hero could.

Riding Hwy 39 to Burro Cyn - YouTube

·
9,526 Posts
Nice senery. Video resolution is good. Check your FPS setting to eliminate some of the wavyness you are getting at times. I was having a similar issue and set the camera at a 60 FPS setting. The resolution might be a little less but sites like ours set the resolution down from original anyway. This is your camera specs:

·
9,526 Posts
Reactions: faffi

·
Registered
958 Posts
The kids got me a new action cam to replace the GoPro that went freeway sailing. Shot my first video with it yesterday. Probably too long, and boring, but you might enjoy some of our So Cal mountain scenery. Flatlanders might find it a little skeery. The San Gabriels are some very rugged mountains.

The camera is a CamPark X20, and it has some nice features, but I don't think it records with the quality that my first generation GoPro Hero could.

Riding Hwy 39 to Burro Cyn - YouTube
Nice. Beautiful scenery, must be a good road to ride since there was a lot of sport cars.

·
Registered
2003 Vstar 1100 Silverado
76 Posts
Finally got some riding time in yesterday. About 150 miles out and back. My 1st cold ride with the Vstar 1300. Started out around 47 degrees when I left and about 53 when I got home. I have a lot of wind management to do on this bike. Actually made the ride slightly unenjoyable.

·
9,526 Posts
Finally got some riding time in yesterday. About 150 miles out and back. My 1st cold ride with the Vstar 1300. Started out around 47 degrees when I left and about 53 when I got home. I have a lot of wind management to do on this bike. Actually made the ride slightly unenjoyable.

View attachment 101002 View attachment 101003 View attachment 101004
Nice pictures. What part of you got cold or was it the wind? This thin skinned Texas boy hates the cold and that 50s temp is what I ride almost every morning.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
2003 Vstar 1100 Silverado
76 Posts
My chest actually. The wind comes under the windshield on the sides of the headlight, across the 2 corners of the tank, across my thighs, and then up my chest, It hits right underneath my helmet too. Seems to be a common complaint on this bike. I plan on getting a different WS set-up. I'm thinking Memphis Shades quick connect WS & fairing so I can have lots of options. Will probably need some kind of lowers too for this time of year, but won't know until I make the switch.

·
9,526 Posts
Last year my wife bought me a Facebook marketed battery operated vest. Used it all of last winter and several times this year. I love it. Might want to check into one while you decide other options.

2901 - 2920 of 2946 Posts