Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3128 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Took Michael on another ride today. Longest one so far, about 21 miles. The road we were on parallels the interstate really closely for a bit, he wanted to be on that road over there cause they were going faster!

Took backroads over to the next town over, stopped and got a snack. Let him pick out what he wanted which was a hoot to watch as he was so indecisive.

Here’s the relive of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,474 Posts
Noticed to speed we as 52, good job. Great picture of him on your bike.

·
Super Moderator
7,856 Posts
Because our weather is very unpredictable, we’ve only been able to fire up the bikes and move around the driveway.
It’s either raining, turning very cold, or 65 degrees when I’m at work.
This past week has been the most unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,474 Posts
Quick video of my ride home from work today. There was a wreck on my normal route so y'all get to see a little different part of Houston. Oh, added a special effect for our Northern folks at the beginning, didn't want the bright sunlight hurt y'all's eyes. 🤭 🤭

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I like that view. For some reason the video stops about 2:49 but I can still hear the audio still going. Anyway looked like a nice ride. Thanks for the video effects.
Today I went out for a short ride around noon and than ran a few errands and got back about 2:30 then about 5 the temperature dropped and we got some snow.

Attachments

·
10,474 Posts
I reloaded the video, YouTube didn't load right for some reason. Sorry for the "S" stuff.

Reactions: GARider

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,394 Posts
Looks good Les. Nice view of your dash. And you've mastered the art of scanning with your eyes, not your head, so no problem with the camera bobbing.

Do those mirrors in your faring adjust adequately?

Reactions: lesblank

·
10,474 Posts
Looks good Les. Nice view of your dash. And you've mastered the art of scanning with your eyes, not your head, so no problem with the camera bobbing.

Do those mirrors in your faring adjust adequately?
I still get a lot of head movement, but I'm getting a little better, should see the video I trim out. o_O The mirrors work ok, not my favorite, but we're on bike when I got it.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
132 Posts
I still get a lot of head movement, but I'm getting a little better, should see the video I trim out. o_O The mirrors work ok, not my favorite, but we're on bike when I got it.
Hi,
First of all, sorry for my absence since last three weeks, not enough time:sleep:....
Second, it's only a suggestion, consider also the possibility to install the camera on your chest, or on the shoulder.
In my personal opinion, this could be a better compromise between your style of ridding (being careful at traffic, scanning area, the other riders/drivers) and the comfort of the viewers...
Or you can try to mix two footage at the same time, from your phone, like a selfie video and the camera...I've made an experiment in last weekend, see below the link:
Feel free to ask, I will gladly share information, if needed.
From another point of view, I envy you that you have the possibility to ride daily;)...for me is not possible:cautious:...

·
10,474 Posts
Nice video. Like seeing different parts of the would from a motorcycle view point. Noticed not a single pickup truck.

Reactions: Lup69

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,394 Posts
Lup, I enjoyed your video. Nice tour through your city. I will admit that I was distracted by the parked cars. Over here if you parallel park on the street facing oncoming traffic, you will get a ticket. Apparently it doesn't matter in Romania. Interesting.

Did it start raining a bit at the end, or was your lens just fogging up?

Reactions: GARider

·
10,474 Posts
Got up this morning, looked out front window, dry street, look at weather app, all clear. Suit up, jump on bike, and hit a really thick fog. Doesn't look that bad in video, but really hard to see and very slick road. Good thing, it was in the 50s.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got up this morning, looked out front window, dry street, look at weather app, all clear. Suit up, jump on bike, and hit a really thick fog. Doesn't look that bad in video, but really hard to see and very slick road. Good thing, it was in the 50s.

Hi again,
This "curiosity", capturing video image more accurate although the eye "read/see'' less, for me becomes quite normal, and I also try to take advantage from this situation.
Several times, I have used my dashcam and/or my photo camera in order to ''see'' better on foggy condition, require to pay attention both to the road and screen, force me also to reduce the speed, from my personal point of view it's a ''+''...
By the way, nice video and I quote myself from previous post: …"I envy you...":)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lup, I enjoyed your video. Nice tour through your city. I will admit that I was distracted by the parked cars. Over here if you parallel park on the street facing oncoming traffic, you will get a ticket. Apparently it doesn't matter in Romania. Interesting.

Did it start raining a bit at the end, or was your lens just fogging up?
Thank you!
Parking is a huge problem here, it is better for my "inner peace" to not discuss:confused: ...
The ride suppose to be longer, but after the first 5 minutes I have noticed that suddenly the temperatures drop few degrees and the water vapor in the air began to condense on colder surfaces. I decide after other few minutes to retire at my garage, my windshield was looking like I have ride through rain when I stopped at the garage. In the last few minutes only my visor remain clear...and of course my phone.
Also when I walk back at home, I have noticed that the moisture mixed with the dust on the streets become slippery, and I congratulate myself for the quick retire at garage, I care more about my "baby", is better to prevent instead of "treatment":)

3081 - 3100 of 3128 Posts