Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
What pick up trucks are not allowed on the road then?
The pickup trucks are allowed, but on Saturday afternoon, almost everybody are at home, for lunch or other activities for weekend with families, this was another reason to try a small ride in the city, to avoid congestion on streets during the working days...If I did not understand the meaning of your question please write again, be more specific, at school I have studied only German and French, in my childhood, English is a language that I manage myself for learning...Thank you again for you time!

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
The pickup trucks are allowed, but on Saturday afternoon, almost everybody are at home, for lunch or other activities for weekend with families, this was another reason to try a small ride in the city, to avoid congestion on streets during the working days...If I did not understand the meaning of your question please write again, be more specific, at school I have studied only German and French, in my childhood, English is a language that I manage myself for learning...Thank you again for you time!
Your English is better than @Jspree's. His comment was a bit of 'poking fun', not at you but just in general, we call that being a 'smart alec' or 'smart ass' - affectionate insults when used among friends.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,501 Posts
The reason I mentioned not seeing and trucks is in Texas the top 4 selling vehicles are trucks. They are used for personal transportation on a daily basis. Smaller cars are so much easier to see around than trucks.

Reactions: Jspree and Boog

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Here if they outlawed trucks after a certain time of day, 2/3 rds of the population would be walking.
If you read my posts 1/2 are to help people keep their bikes on the road. The other half I am being a smarta$$

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,756 Posts
I rode home at 15:30 today because the weather guesser told me it would be a rain/snow mix at 17:00. Imagine my surprise when I walked out to feel wetness on my not yet rosy checks. I had either rain or snow or both all the way home. I'm not complaining about that though as it was plenty warm at 40*f. My only complaint being that I want a better weather guesser.

Reactions: Lup69 and GARider

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,402 Posts
I haven't ridden in almost a month. Weekend rain and life in general - shame on me. Today was gray, but no rain. Took a ride. Had fun. Saw a new place. Life is good.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,501 Posts
Nice video, with the freezing weather we are having this week I needed that. Thanks.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I didn't ride yesterday due to freezing rain. Looks like not happening today either...
20210214_065459.jpg

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
I haven't ridden in almost a month. Weekend rain and life in general - shame on me. Today was gray, but no rain. Took a ride. Had fun. Saw a new place. Life is good.

Like the video, like also the mumbling/boiling sound of the engine on idle. at 3:00 min....

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Luckily, the temperature rose above freezing this morning thus the rainy mist was no threat. What an excellent ride to work!
20210216_055153.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
As is my normal, I swap bikes each day to keep them both going. Today's ride was the Strat. The temp was a tad bit cooler than yesterday at 24*F. Yamato has been somewhat cold natured and not easy to start below freezing this winter, but today, started on first go. It was a long start but still fired.

And then the ride; smooth and beastly all at once. The temperature and humidity level seem to make the V-Twin feel quite happy and strong. Several times I had to back off the speed as it was approaching the ton with no effort.

All in all a very enjoyable commute to work.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Not a "Ride" day but a "drive" day it appears. The bikes need a break I guess. This is the fourth day this winter I drove to work vice the more fun ride to work.
20210218.jpg

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Well here in Queensland every day is bike riding days. We are expecting Winter when it comes in 4 months to last about 3 weeks here. The mornings will be chilly, but the rest of the day is glorious.
We normally have a 3 week winter too, I'm on the Gulf of Mexico side. This year we got all 3 weeks in 4 days.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Today Trish and I road in the WKRG TV/ American Heart Assoc. , Aces of Hearts ride. This is the best ride of the year, this was a catch up from them having to cancel last October because of Covid, they will do it again this October. We have a real cool tv Station down here , their news director runs a blog called BikerDad, so they are very biker friendly.
We did a poker run and had free food and drinks at each stop. The a BBQ Buffet at the FloraBama , this a beach bar that half of it is in Florida and the other half in Alabama, it is a fun place to go.
First I will post a link showing what the ride is and it gives you BikerDad's blog, it gives biker news from all over. Then we have a couple pics from the ride and a couple at the FloraBama.

Oh, on the down side, Trish now wants a good running car, we won a door prize at the ride, a $100 gift card for Rick's Carwash.

Aces of Heart: 4th Annual Ace of Hearts Poker Run raises $6,500 for the American Heart Association

BikerDad home: WKRG | Biker Dad

3101 - 3120 of 3133 Posts